• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

An acquaintance has one of these laying around and wants to sell. It's new still in wrapping he bought it then decided to go a different route.

My question is are these good scopes for the AR platform? Is the glass good and the reticle easy to see and use?

He is asking a decent price for it and I noticed the warranty is similar to Vortex warranty. What say you INGO? Grab it or pass?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    No clue on quality, but as a marketing guy and former copywriter, that product page made me cringe.

:hijack:

Last edited:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I don't know anything about the optic, but a BDC reticle would be an automatic pass from me. BDC aside, I'd like crosshairs with an illuminated center dot or something similar on a 1-6 so you can use it both as a red dot and like a standard scope when the situations dictate. That is just my preference and I personally think that's what makes LPVOs great on ARs.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I don't know anything about the optic, but a BDC reticle would be an automatic pass from me. BDC aside, I'd like crosshairs with an illuminated center dot or something similar on a 1-6 so you can use it both as a red dot and like a standard scope when the situations dictate. That is just my preference and I personally think that's what makes LPVOs great on ARs.
    Here's the reticle for this scope. It does have a red dot.

1627532313169.png

This video shows the reticle lit up.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    And don’t forget AKs

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Been researching lpvo for a little bit now and keep seeing pretty favorable review for the bushnell stuff so leaning towards one myself as a razor is just out of the question ....let us know how you like it

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Been researching lpvo for a little bit now and keep seeing pretty favorable review for the bushnell stuff so leaning towards one myself as a razor is just out of the question ....let us know how you like it
    Not saying the Bushnell is a bad option, but there are a heck of a lot of options and price points between the Vortex Razor and the Bushnell.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Will do. I was going to get a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8 from AAOPTICS.COM but a guy I know got ahold if me told me about this scope he had laying around and wanted to know if I was interested so I came here and asked about it. It seemed favorable. The reviews from customer reviews around the different internet based companies were good also.
    I'll keep you posted.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Went and got the scope today. Got home checked it out.
    Very impressed with the quality so far. It seems well built.. The illuminated reticle does fine on this cloudy day. Will have to see how it does in full sun. However, it has a etched reticle so on bright days that should not be a big problem. It came with an extra handle for power adjustment, lens cloth and a tool.
    20210731_124928.jpg
    Now waiting on FedEx to deliver the rest of my parts that were supposed to have had here yesterday. So I can build my upper to put this on.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I got it mounted on my 7.62x39 AR and got it shot in at 50yd. I love it so far. The reticle is quick and easy to use. Now I need to get to a 200+ range to really try it out. I'm pretty sure with this reticle I can hit out to 300yds maybe 400yds pretty easily with the 7.62x39.

Won't be until after I get my knee repaired, and on the go again.

Altrex

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2021
    I've been wanting to get one of these as I have some of the AR optics in the higher magnification range. Overall very happy with the clarity and the throw lever is the cats meow.

Top Bottom