• ...and so much more!
  • jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I like them a lot. They were the complete, mil-spec style lowers. The stock mil-spec trigger group isn't great, so I tossed an ALG ACT in one, which is a major improvement.

Precision Arms in Colombia City always seems to keep a couple complete KP15 lowers in stock, and they may be getting some of the version with KE's improved trigger, which I'd like to try on my WWSD inspired build.
    I have two SLT-1 triggers and really like them. Like them so much another is on the way...

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    8W3JJCu.jpg

Wanted to grab a decent picture now that it's all set up , Magpul CTR, Surefire Scout Light and Warcomp, Trijicon Accupower 1-8 and 45° offset RMR, ELF Match Trigger and a G Super Charging Handle. Dropped in a Fail Zero Nickle Boron Bolt just to match the bolt carrier group (the stock nitride version was fine I am just OCD)

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    8W3JJCu.jpg

Wanted to grab a decent picture now that it's all set up , Magpul CTR, Surefire Scout Light and Warcomp, Trijicon Accupower 1-8 and 45° offset RMR, ELF Match Trigger and a G Super Charging Handle. Dropped in a Fail Zero Nickle Boron Bolt just to match the bolt carrier group (the stock nitride version was fine I am just OCD)
    Nice LWRCI!

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I finished building a M16 A4 "incorrect" clone.
    I'm missing a few parts, but it's close.

I put it on a KE Arms KP15 lower that I had sitting around. I do have a KAC broomhandle in the mail right now. I am also looking for rear iron site suggestions, and flashlight suggestions.

View attachment 251578 View attachment 251579
    The M16A4 rear iron sight would be either a MaTech 200-600m BUIS (U.S. Army) or a KAC Micro 200-600m (USMC). The KAC isn't quite as bulky. Both fold down and flip up and can be easily positioned at the rear of the rail. They're extremely robust. You would have to move your optic forward some, closer to the end of the rail. One caution about the MaTech . . . don't over torque the rail mounting screw; be mindful of its diameter. I have one of each on a pair of AR-15 16" mid-length uppers. Both should be able to co-witness with a properly mounted optic -- they co-witness just fine with my 30mm Romeo7s.

MaTech BUIS:
    MaTech BUIS.jpg

KAC Micro:
    knight-s-armament-folding-micro-rear-sight-600m.jpg

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    A pair of folding AR-15s with 16" mid-length uppers and bayonets. One has an M9 bayonet, MaTech BUIS, M2 PMAG, and Magpul stock. Folding mechanism is the Gen 3 LAW Tactical. The other has an OKC3S bayonet, KAC Micro 200-600m, Series 2 Hexmag, and Aero Precision M4 stock. Folding mechanism is integral to the 17 Design Lower, IMO the next best mechanism to the LAW Tactical but out of production. Both have 30mm Romeo 7 red dots. I built the lowers starting with 17 Design stripped receivers (one folding and the other non-folding), and Aero Precision lower kits, except for the triggers, which are Geissele two-stage. Bolt carrier groups in both have DLC finish. Slings are the classic M16A1 style with quick adjustment. They rattle and we had to tape them; replaced about the time the A2 rolled out with one that only has buckles and doesn't adjust length as easily.

Smith Enterprise Vortex flash hiders are en route to replace the A2 bird cages.

AR-15s 16-inch with Bayonets 2048.jpg

Last edited:

bwillits

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2022
    Fishers, IN
    The 6.5 Grendel after a few tweaks--new ALG-ACT trigger, new safety (45 safeties are of the Devil), new trigger guard, rail for bipod, iron sights just in case, sling mount and bunch of new ASC 15 rounders.

View attachment 254146
    I really like that and love the fact the Monty is local. Always nice to support an Indiana company. I’m also against 45* safeties for several reasons but did fall in love with the 50* Badger selector. It might be worth checking out if you haven’t already.

Top Bottom