• ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I think I need one of these!
    Cannot believe I was so brand blind to it and then I shot a buddy's earlier this year.

"Oh, I have my Colt M16A4, why look elsewhere? *nose in air*"

*Shooting Alex's rifle* "Dammit, that is fantastic!"

I have a SIG Bravo 3 on it now, and replaced CH with a Radian and the mil grip with Magpul skinny grip (same diameter) and new trigger guard.

I am one of those guys always whining about hand pinch on my driving finger and always stick an ear plug in the gap on the M16A4 or M4. I have thickish hands and am office veal which does not help.

The sad thing is that my brother really, really likes his Windham Weaponry M16A4 clone, lol. Dammit, Matt, not made of money.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    14.5 faxon gunner
    Aero m4e1 recievers
    Midwest combat rail
    DD bcg and giessele CH
    Vltor GB , jp silent capture
    REIN , sig 1-6
    last and definitely least the Amazon aluminum offset backups lol
    Awesome build sheet. How's the gunner hold up under heat? Groups open much at all?

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Awesome build sheet. How's the gunner hold up under heat? Groups open much at all?
    Thanks !!
    Not that I have noticed but that sounds like Something I would like to test more
    Where I typically shoot is fairly short so I just use small steel targets to represent longer distance but haven't had any problems hitting them
    I'll have to get some paper out there or a fresh coat of paint on the steel and see how itdactually effects things

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Thanks !!
    Not that I have noticed but that sounds like Something I would like to test more
    Where I typically shoot is fairly short so I just use small steel targets to represent longer distance but haven't had any problems hitting them
    I'll have to get some paper out there or a fresh coat of paint on the steel and see how itdactually effects things
    If you do, let me know if you can remember!

I'm going to re-do an upper with either a gunner or pencil faxon barrel but I'm thinking gunner just to have a little extra meat on it but if the gunner opens up an inch or two it's basically the exact same that a pencil does from Faxon. Their barrels are the best bang for your buck out there imo

PUNISHER1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2022
    Who made that adapter? It doesn't look like the cry havoc ones I've seen.

Do you like it? How's it hold zero after going back together? I know the CH ones hold zero great supposedly. I want one for my next build.
    This on is made by Leo Takedown.
    I had it installed by my local smith, and I haven’t even had time to sight it in.
    As for taking it down and putting it back together, it a little tight but making sure it’s all oiled helps a lot.
    But reviews and all that seems to be really good.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    This on is made by Leo Takedown.
    I had it installed by my local smith, and I haven’t even had time to sight it in.
    As for taking it down and putting it back together, it a little tight but making sure it’s all oiled helps a lot.
    But reviews and all that seems to be really good.
    Definitely give a range report when you get a chance.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Ancient Colt Lightweight Sporter Carbine in 9mm and it’s great grandson Colt AR15A3 Tactical Carbine in 5.56mm. Finally got to the range to fire a gaggle of CZ pistols and took along 2 of my favorite Colts. When I got the 9mm Carbine over 30 years ago my buddies thought I was crazy and laughed it off and said they’d never last long. It’s still in my collection and I still love it.

Attachments

• D2F101F2-4B30-40BE-9324-274D51B26D7A.jpeg
      D2F101F2-4B30-40BE-9324-274D51B26D7A.jpeg
      772.8 KB · Views: 14
    • 61928790-3EF8-4808-9B0F-14111970A304.jpeg
      61928790-3EF8-4808-9B0F-14111970A304.jpeg
      850.9 KB · Views: 14

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I've just got the one, a Windham Weaponry VEX with 20" bbl, .223, 1:8 twist, Elftmann Trigger and a first gen Vortex PST. It is a bit heavy; but, it sure does shoot well!

6jySNdnl.jpg

zbErffDl.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Jim was able to fix the Katana! Back pin all boogered up. Did not even have to junk the lower (DSA) like I thought I would have to.

Red Jacket Katana upper, Troy BUIS, BCM CH, Magpul CTR, Duckbill grip, ALG ACT trigger. No optic (because I could see much better then).

Gun saw some rough use 2010-2016, but it is back in black! Maybe put one of the new investment case Aimpoint RDS and magnifier on it. Something light. I like the prisms like SIG B3 or Steiner but those things are beasts/chonky monkeys.

1664494400835.png

Top Bottom