• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Agreed on the safety. Ambi safeties drive me crazy as well. Pretty cool that it’s an Indiana rifle. Plans for optics?
    Well, yeah, I started a thread just for that!

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    Any thoughts about the WWSD lower?
    I heavily considered it for my recent lightweight build but couldn’t convince myself fully.
    I was pretty interested in the project from the beginning. I think it's a fun concept and a neat idea. I bought this lower initially when I heard about the lawsuit against ke arms.

It is very light. With this 20 inch upper, it makes the whole gun pretty front heavy. It works well, but it would probably work better with a lighter carbine upper, and not a 20 inch quad rail upper haha.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Any thoughts about the WWSD lower?
    I heavily considered it for my recent lightweight build but couldn’t convince myself fully.
    I am a HUGE fan of the KE Arms KP15 lowers.

I have a WWSD2020, which is just a magic wand. The weight and balance make it truly outstanding. I suck, and I've been shocked at how fast I can bring the rifle on target, shoot and follow up with anther shot.

I just picked up another KP15 SLT/ambi Lower (essentially a WWSD lower minus the PDQ lever and JP captured buffer) for my next rifle.

I'm also a fan of the SLT trigger, and having a buttock compartment.

Almost all modern pistols have went to polymer for the lower, and the same reasons apply to an AR. KE Arms seems to have done a good job with the design. Durability is still an unknown, but relative ruggedness seems to be on par with a metallic lower.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've been playing around with this on lately. It's my A2-ish build using a PSA sourced FN 20" barreled upper.
    1999fcb257a958525df46f1f27201761.jpg

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    A couple of the more recent ARs I've put together. 1 in 5.56 and other in 300AAC
    I’m getting ready to do a small write up on this one in the Lightweight AR Builders Club thread… but seeing your post I’m gonna have to piggyback on your build. Looks like we both used the same lower. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I am mine.
    :cheers:
    9D241EB4-1ADD-4A3E-9511-4883691D50A5.jpeg
    This is a very lightweight 14.5” Faxon / 2A Armament build that took its maiden voyage this last weekend. Naked rifle is 4 lb 15 oz. It’s gotten into the realm of one handed operation.
    C270CB41-23A3-4DF1-97A8-51C868E9AC55.jpeg

montiray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2023
    Monticello
    I’m getting ready to do a small write up on this one in the Lightweight AR Builders Club thread… but seeing your post I’m gonna have to piggyback on your build. Looks like we both used the same lower. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I am mine.
    :cheers:
    View attachment 255925
    This is a very lightweight 14.5” Faxon / 2A Armament build that took its maiden voyage this last weekend. Naked rifle is 4 lb 15 oz. It’s gotten into the realm of one handed operation.
    View attachment 255924
    My 5.56 has a 10.5in barrel and weighs in at 8.5 lbs with the 2x prism scope and a 30round mag. Not super light but if I was to swap the optic and go to a 20 round mag I would drop a good amount of weight. The 300AAC has a 1x4 scope and a heavy mount, so not even worried about weighing it lol. I had 2 9mm that I built that were just over 6lbs with a loaded 16round mag

Last edited:
    Top Bottom