• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeDome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    If you want to get into building one from ground up or pick and choose your upper and lower while not depleting your savings check out Bear Creek Arsenal and Palmetto State Armory. Despite their affordability they have been proven to be VERY reliable. As the CEO of PSA says "We are not cutting corners, I just don't have a private jet"
    I have perused a bit at PSA, thanks to you, and I believe I could get one going with a light beginner budget.

Thanks for the guidance.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Not a whole AR - but I've been wanting one of LMTs monolithic uppers for a looooong time to do a mostly full LMT build instead of just mars-l lowers with random built uppers. After losing a GB auction at a good price because I was busy for the last 5 minutes of it I was so upset.

Then someone on arfcom posted a NIB one they didn't want for $180 less than the GB auction.

I was going to spread out building this over the 6 months or so it might take for the can I'll be using on this since it's a p/w can but I just kept finding everything I needed at silly prices. And due to people being silly with shipping even though I ordered everything days apart every single package arrived today except the front sight post sight assembly.

12" barrel, 6.5" can, no extra stamp - no permission slip to leave the state - + I already have the non p/w version of this can and another on the way too as soon as they're back in stock.

I'll finally have a "night gun" since I'm trying to get into night vision for my Christmas present this year.

20240305_034517.jpg

Last edited:

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Back from getting some color, now I just need to send it out to D Wilson for barrel cutting / conversion and completion and then the can to come in.

Also, my appropriate sweatshirt for picking this build up today. I shouldn't have to pin/weld a can (that I shouldn't be extorted $200 + months of time for) to make this not a "sbr" because of 4" of barrel. It's just g** and so is the ATF.

20240321_163717.jpg
    20240229_013605.jpg

Bigdad_e875

Still here...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    My first build from scratch, and host to my first suppressor, super happy with how it turned out!
    full

WattusMaximus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2023
    Outside of Indy
    This one is my 300BLK build that I finally got working reliably with subs thanks to a can (Dead Air Wolfman), a reduced weight (1.7oz) buffer from KAK industry, a Nemo Arms reduced-force buffer spring, and a FailZero lightweight BCG. The upper is a 9" BCM that does not have an adjustable gas block.

Funny enough, it still shoots 147 grain supers without being overgassed, the brass just kicks out quite a bit further at my 3:30.
    1711420865346.png 1711420831707.png

Top Bottom