• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    A) there is no such thing as a drill "bit" you don't want just a bit of the drill do you? There are screw machine, jobber, aircraft, coolant thru, Carbide,......but in certain you don't care about proper identification of drills.....
    You might look for piloted drills, but a drill with .004 (4 thousandths) difference between the pilot and the body will be a custom ground item.
    Look for a screw machine drill of the size you want. I might even look for a double margin drill.
    Why are drilling out .004 (4 thousandths) that should make no difference in bore size vs performance. Besides you will kick up a bur on the ID of that barrel...

Lefty Lawless

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2021
    Southern Indiana
    A) there is no such thing as a drill "bit" you don't want just a bit of the drill do you? There are screw machine, jobber, aircraft, coolant thru, Carbide,......but in certain you don't care about proper identification of drills.....
    You might look for piloted drills, but a drill with .004 (4 thousandths) difference between the pilot and the body will be a custom ground item.
    Look for a screw machine drill of the size you want. I might even look for a double margin drill.
    Why are drilling out .004 (4 thousandths) that should make no difference in bore size vs performance. Besides you will kick up a bur on the ID of that barrel...
    I used those sizes as an example and my friend that wanted to enlarge the hole wasn't drilling all the through.
    I told him it was a waste of time....

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Who you callin' a gas hole, Mr.?

It it doesn't cycle reliably he should make sure the gas block is lined up properly in both directions. (Front to back, side to side) then make sure it is clean and properly lubricated. Still having trouble, send it back to the builder for trouble shooting.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Unless it doesn't lock the bolt back on last round, the biggest problem I have had with AR10 cycling issues is they are over gassed not under gassed.
    and an adjustable gas block goes a long way to fix that.

However to answer your question lookup "numbered drills"

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If what 99% of people call "bits" aren't "bits", but "drills", then what do you call the device that holds them?

For example, what would you call this?

1669764363876.png

Top Bottom