• ...and so much more!
  • traderjoe

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 3, 2020
    South Bend area
    I purchased a no name kydex iwb holster off the forum for a Glock 43.

I modified the screw holes to allow for a reverse cant for appendix carry.

It seems to work fine except the butt pushes out which means the muzzle pushes in.

Looking at the trajectory in the unlikely event of an accidental discharge, the angle looks like a grazing situation or worse!

I am looking for some guidance on appendix carry and appropriate holsters for a Sig 365 with Crimson Trace and Glock 43 with Crimson Trace. Kydex seems thinner but leather is an option, all of my leather OWB is Sparks or Alessi

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    What Gabriel said, but also. This is why most decent holster makers have figured out you have to be careful how short you make a holster. They will give extra length to holsters for short guns to combat this. This is also why many have started using wedges. I have never had this problem, but I don't have a successful life body.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    There are a lot of good YouTube videos that will show you on how to correct that problem. The big one is to get a holster that is designed for appendix carry. Also smaller guns are going to be harder to correct that problem too.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    I like the TREX arms holsters personally. They have the holsters designed to pull the grip into you. I can conceal a full size g17 with surefier x300 and a trijicon SRO with no problem. Others also make a wedge that sits on the bottom of the holster on the side toward your body. This pushes the entire back of the gun into you and angles the barrel away from your meat and potatoes. I tried one from TXC holsters and was not a fan. The trex appendix holsters are perfect for me. I would suggest trying them.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Philster posted this. Concise. Well articulated. Excellent illustrations.

Continued in next post.......

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      94.4 KB · Views: 21
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      151.4 KB · Views: 21
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      152.4 KB · Views: 21
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      131.8 KB · Views: 20
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      138.7 KB · Views: 20
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      103 KB · Views: 20
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      79.3 KB · Views: 20
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      118.1 KB · Views: 20
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      90.6 KB · Views: 19
    • 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      79.6 KB · Views: 19

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis

Attachments

• 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      84.8 KB · Views: 16
    • 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      150.9 KB · Views: 16
    • 13.jpg
      13.jpg
      108.5 KB · Views: 14
    • 14.jpg
      14.jpg
      113.5 KB · Views: 16
    Last edited:

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    J Galt just beat me to the phlster drawings.

It takes a little bit of tweaking to find just the right settings and placement (well, like any holster really) but when you it’s like magic.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I purchased a no name kydex iwb holster off the forum for a Glock 43.

I modified the screw holes to allow for a reverse cant for appendix carry.

It seems to work fine except the butt pushes out which means the muzzle pushes in.

Looking at the trajectory in the unlikely event of an accidental discharge, the angle looks like a grazing situation or worse!

I am looking for some guidance on appendix carry and appropriate holsters for a Sig 365 with Crimson Trace and Glock 43 with Crimson Trace. Kydex seems thinner but leather is an option, all of my leather OWB is Sparks or Alessi
    I've been tempted to try AIWB for a while. Over the holiday season, I found a good deal on a AIWB holster for my normal EDC (4" XDs). The holster was from We The People Holsters and with The Claw attachment, it was under $50 shipped. I figured If I didn't like it, no big loss. If it was something I could do, I could upgrade holsters at a later time.

I've had a good experience so far. Which pants I wear my a big difference. (I'm a big guy and big guy pants of the same size always seem to fit different.)

I carry in church with it now. I've done a few mile bike ride wearing it too. When I'm bout and about, I seem to prefer it. But when I'm home, the OWB is tough to beat.

I'm trying to talk myself into one of these AIWB holsters, but at the price, it's a tough decision because they are $170.

Don't forget to practice your draw a few thousand times and be extremely careful reholstering.

Top Bottom