Anyone with good or bad experience selling on gunbroker?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    However, I think that this is the behavior that the current predators on Gunbroker are relying on - the buyer's belief that a new seller has mispriced a buy-it-now item and the need to jump on it quickly before someone else does.
    Predators? If such a thing did exist, it wouldn't seem to be very predatory to set the buy now price under current market value. However, the only real predators are the ones that are seeking to commit fraud of one form or another. Sellers have every right to set the price on their item however they want, just as buyers have every right to decide what an item is worth to them. Sometimes it can be worth it to a buyer to pay a small premium for the guarantee of not being out bid or to simply limit the wasted time spent searching for a particular item and a seller can take advantage of that. Other times the seller is in a hurry or doesn't know the current market, sets the buy now price to low, and the buyer takes advantage.

dw.watts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2021
    Kokomo
    Only issues I’ve had is communication from the seller not being detailed enough, or complete for that matter. I’d rather have every single bit of the seller’s expectations and demands known up front than have to waste time communicating before or after bidding. Put it all out there and then both the buyer and seller will be able to avoid time waste. Otherwise smooth as silk.

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    I haven't bought from Gunbroker in a while, but when I was purchasing from there, I always had good experiences.
    The one issue I had was, I purchased a cheap shotgun from a pawn shop on there once, and the gun shipped without an extractor. It was an easy fix though, and I only spent about $100 bucks on it anyways.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My most recent experience with GB (as a potential buyer) was for a 9mm barrel for a CZ52 (normally 7.62x25). Got outbid by a non-rated bidder at an outrageous price (over $400 for just the barrel). Now granted, part of the reason it got so high was that I got a bit of "auction fever" and it's probably a good thing I got outbid, but I've heard that there have been a lot of non-rated bidders driving the price up on some items. If he was legit, then I guess I just succeeded in making him pay more than he probably intended.

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    Who did you use to ship it? Did they have additional fees on top of shipping?
    UPS and I had to ship it from their Customer Center. It was a painless process without any additional fees on top whatever it cost to ship. I’m trying to remember where I shipped, somewhere in the Great Plains States, and it was only $20. Which I didn’t think was bad at all, considering just how heavy the packages were.

Taurus the turtle

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 16, 2015
    Indianapolis
    UPS and I had to ship it from their Customer Center. It was a painless process without any additional fees on top whatever it cost to ship. I’m trying to remember where I shipped, somewhere in the Great Plains States, and it was only $20. Which I didn’t think was bad at all, considering just how heavy the packages were.
    Firearm or ammo?

Squander

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    South Bend
    Predators? If such a thing did exist, it wouldn't seem to be very predatory to set the buy now price under current market value. However, the only real predators are the ones that are seeking to commit fraud of one form or another. Sellers have every right to set the price on their item however they want, just as buyers have every right to decide what an item is worth to them. Sometimes it can be worth it to a buyer to pay a small premium for the guarantee of not being out bid or to simply limit the wasted time spent searching for a particular item and a seller can take advantage of that. Other times the seller is in a hurry or doesn't know the current market, sets the buy now price to low, and the buyer takes advantage.

Yes, there are predators seeking to commit fraud on Gunbroker by selling at below-market prices. For example,

has all of the appearance of a fraudulent sale. The seller even went through the effort of getting some positive feedback (which also appears to be fraudulent) to make the sale look legitimate.

This is all "in my opinion" of course.

Top Bottom