• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Boonies and Cloverdale
    Looking for something to carry my permit in and was wondering if anyone has seen one of these or knows where to get one... Sometimes I dont carry my wallet and I think one of these would be useful

[image]http://legallyarmed.com/images/newo_11.jpg[/image]

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Looking for something to carry my permit in and was wondering if anyone has seen one of these or knows where to get one... Sometimes I dont carry my wallet and I think one of these would be useful

[image]http://legallyarmed.com/images/newo_11.jpg[/image]

newo_11.jpg

Just go ahead and buy the Badge. :laugh:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_issues_and_self_defense/56798-what_s_the_purpose.html

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Hey, if you want anyone and everyone able to read your name and address wherever you go.. more power to you. :rolleyes:

Me, I'll stick with showing it only when I must.

Blessings,
    Bill

renegade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    IN
    But what about when you get shot reaching for you license because the officer thinks you are going for your gun? I don't think it's a good idea.

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    I put my permit in my wallet. Sometimes, I roll up my non laminated copy and put it in the extra mag area of my holster. If you dont have your wallet, put it in your pocket. If you dont have pockets, put it in your sock. If you dont have socks, or pockets, you can tape it to your chest with clear packing tape. Unless you are hairy. then you can hole punch it and thread some chest hair through the hole like a lanyard.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I put my permit in my wallet. Sometimes, I roll up my non laminated copy and put it in the extra mag area of my holster. If you dont have your wallet, put it in your pocket. If you dont have pockets, put it in your sock. If you dont have socks, or pockets, you can tape it to your chest with clear packing tape. Unless you are hairy. then you can hole punch it and thread some chest hair through the hole like a lanyard.

I need to grow out my chest hair more...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    RWM,

You are getting some humorous replies about this type of item because, if I may summarize,

1) It is generally felt that, as BoR wrote above, your personal info would be exposed for others to see and possibly do bad things with the info

2) These type of items are seen to scream "wanna-be" to other people

3) There are ID holders that would serve a bigger benefit to holding your ID but keeping it out of sight such as putting it on a lanyard or buying one of the armband ID holders that would stay under the sleeve of your shirt but is easily accessible.

Hope this helps.

The Spud

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hoosier in Exile

Or, get it tattooed on the area of your choice :D

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I wonder how long before this thread turns into OC vs. CC?

I'm going to get a permit holder, put it on my belt and then start CCing. Then I can be ready to use the element of surprise against dumb, unobservant criminals but the smart, observant ones will be warned away when they see my permit.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I wonder how long before this thread turns into OC vs. CC?

I'm going to get a permit holder, put it on my belt and then start CCing. Then I can be ready to use the element of surprise against dumb, unobservant criminals but the smart, observant ones will be warned away when they see my permit.
    But what if they decide to shoot you first while your draw is hampered by your concealment clothing? :nailbite:

In all seriousness, a close examination of the permit holder pictured seems to indicate it has velcro to keep it closed when you aren't showing it off. However, I don't see any quick releases and I'm not sure how many cops are going to want to get up close and personal with your crotch while they verify the info on the LTCH, should the situation arise. ok, maybe that was a bad choice of words...

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Get one of those ID carriers that you wear on a chain around your neck. Maybe the kind they use at hospitals. You can keep it under your T-shirt then out of the way.

Top Bottom