Anyone See a New Marlin/Ruger 1895 (.45-70) in the Wild?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I've got a Marlin 1895 and it's great. Never an issue and a good example in terms of fit/finish and it's a great shooter. BUT, that new Ruger made Marlin has caught my fancy. I was just wondering if anyone has seen one on the shelf at a gun store yet. I really don't need one. BUT..... :cool:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I've got a Marlin 1895 and it's great. Never an issue and a good example in terms of fit/finish and it's a great shooter. BUT, that new Ruger made Marlin has caught my fancy. I was just wondering if anyone has seen one on the shelf at a gun store yet. I really don't need one. BUT..... :cool:
    I haven't and I've definitely been looking as well. Probably like the SPFD SA-35, somehow they all end up at the big online GB dealers and never into actual gun shops.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I am 100% interested in this rifle but I'm not willing to pay GB prices. I sent a message to a local gun shop this morning asking if they're planning on receiving any.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I am 100% interested in this rifle but I'm not willing to pay GB prices...

P.S.,
    I'm in the same boat.
    I have a Remlin made 1895 in .45/70gvt, and it's actually a very nice rifle.
    I used it to take a whitetail, and there's nothing wrong with it, but I found myself looking at the new Ruger made Marlins.

I wanted one bad, until I saw the GB prices!
    Holy crap!
    Half a dozen examples with bids exceeding $3200, and still climbing.

Way beyond what I am willing to pay.
    Maybe 3 years from now...

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    The gun shop did reply back stating when they're available they will get them. Let's hope they stay around Marlin's suggested retail of $1399. I have a feeling the first few they get will get a mark up. I could be wrong.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I'll be looking around. No way I'd pay above retail. But retail would be ok. I'll then sell my 1895. I've had a few buddies ask about it but I won't sell until after I find the new one. May take awhile, from the sound of it.

I've got a love-hate relationship with GB. Mostly hate. But I've found a deal or two there over the years on something hard to find but not in demand. If in demand, then yikes.

Thanks for the scouting reports! Eventually I'll stumble across one. I hope it is at one of my favorite gun dealers.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Not a fan of thin nickel plating on small parts and magazine tubes to try to match stainless which will age and discolor differently. For the money and investment Ruger should have dedicated ALL stainless. A guide gun with fragile Fiber Optic fishing line sights. Kinda like making a chain with a weak link..wonder when the bear gets that dude.?

Just me

Trapper

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Not a fan of thin nickel plating on small parts and magazine tubes to try to match stainless which will age and discolor differently. For the money and investment Ruger should have dedicated ALL stainless. A guide gun with fragile Fiber Optic fishing line sights. Kinda like making a chain with a weak link..wonder when the bear gets that dude.?

Just me

Trapper
    Are there any new guns out now you do approve of?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Knowing CTD, once you shell out your almost $5k, you'll get an email telling you it's not actually in stock, and backordered indefinitely. In my experience, they're about as reliable as Optics Planet, without the attractive prices.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I guess all these GB morons have done me a favor, if it wasn't for their nonsense I would have probably spent a lot of money lately, a Marlin 1895, SPFD SA-35 etc etc. I don't really ever remember a time when new guns went through these ridiculous price spikes, it's not like new guns weren't introduced every year since guns have been made.

Top Bottom