• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KRN123060

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2023
    Noblesville
    Straight pull. 20" barrel. Suppressor ready. Uses a rotary mag not unlike the Ruger. Model is called a Target SR. Not a lot of info out there. Anybody have any experience? Good or bad?

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Don't have one but have limited experience with a previous gen. I assume from the description you're talking about the latest generation?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Whoever did their X-Bolt . . . had issues.
    The modern x Bolts were built in Japan. I bought two micros for my sons, one in 308 and the other in 22 Hornet. I don't believe I know of any issues with them? Out of the three Hornets we own, for some reason the Micros in Hornet are very good shooters. It is a better shooter than the other two.
    Please inform me sir.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The modern x Bolts were built in Japan. I bought two micros for my sons, one in 308 and the other in 22 Hornet. I don't believe I know of any issues with them? Out of the three Hornets we own, for some reason the Micros in Hornet are very good shooters. It is a better shooter than the other two.
    Please inform me sir.

Larger caliber X-bolts had feeding issues, usually related to magazine. IIRC is was the 300 Win Mag.

Coating issues on shotguns. Overall likely subcontractor issues but common for hermit crab makers like Browning and Winchester.

The Japanese make fantastic guns.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Larger caliber X-bolts had feeding issues, usually related to magazine. IIRC is was the 300 Win Mag.

Coating issues on shotguns. Overall likely subcontractor issues but common for hermit crab makers like Browning and Winchester.

The Japanese make fantastic guns.
    LOL. hermit crabs.
    Some of the X-bolts did have interesting mags. Here is my Thing 2's Micro Hornet magazine in a floor plate.
    20230523_112226.jpg

20230523_112239.jpg

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    I have one. It's newer,I don't know how old. It has a plastic stock with some skull design on it. I like it, no complaints. Be careful if you choose to store the second mag in the stock, don't push it in too far but if you do, it can be convinced to come out. Never noticed the trigger other than it's acceptable. I put a huge scope on it and consider it my bench .22, its pretty accurate.

Top Bottom