• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I got an idea to carve out my own stock for a precision rifle, probably start with a bolt .22 for a practice run but I was curious if anyone has done this and has any pointers? I’ve got an old Winchester 67 my grandpa hand carved a stock for, it’s got some beautiful ornate carvings of ducks and things, I’m thinking of doing something more modern.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I've modified one before. (shortening the forend, and relieving, and shortening the top wood) I also had to trim the butt end of the replacement butt stock to keep the original brass buttplate. (two piece stock) It turned out well enough that the rifle gets a lot of attention, (probably mostly for it's design idea) but I wouldn't have the talent for doing an entire stock. The inletting would kill me, or rather, I'd kill it. Good luck with your project. 289469865_3151375891777549_5536750293688077573_n.jpg

Last edited:

Glock22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Bedford
    Some years back I made a couple for flint locks, I bought the blanks from Pecatonica River in northern Illinois. It can be nerve racking but rewarding.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Made a cross bow stock out of rose wood years ago. My pointer is don’t use rose wood. Beautiful wood but hard as a rock.

Top Bottom