Anyone know what having a propane furnace installed these days might cost?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'd like to start switching everything that I can over to propane. I figure the smaller the impact of a power outage the more comfortable we will be. Just wondering if anyone has had one installed recently and what it cost? The good news is that our heat pump already runs on a propane backup so the plumbing is already there.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'd like to start switching everything that I can over to propane. I figure the smaller the impact of a power outage the more comfortable we will be. Just wondering if anyone has had one installed recently and what it cost? The good news is that our heat pump already runs on a propane backup so the plumbing is already there.
    If you already have LP heat, can't you just alter the thermostat settings to only use LP and not the heat pump?

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have no clue
    A heat pump simply runs the air conditioning system in reverse. The outside unit gets cold and the inside gets hot/warm. They can only heat down to a certain temp though and then need help from gas or electric heat. You can probably switch your thermostat off of heat pump mode and simply have it engage the LP any time it calls for heat. An HVAC tech should be able to do that as well.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I did this (nat gas) to the terrorist's house next door. Just run the stat on emergency heat for furnace only if you do not want to get into disabling the reversing valve in the HP outside.
    It's not a difficult job to re-wire the system for straight heat/AC.

Top Bottom