Anyone here work for DNR? Do you get calls from "Karens"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I was once working at a ladies house who was telling a story about how she had to call the DNR over people's exotic pets getting loose. It was a coyote that got into a gas station and she was convinced it was someone's exotic pet that had gotten loose.
    :lmfao: :nuts:
    We call them bubblers, they live in a bubble and know nothing outside of their own little world.

I think we all have our own bubbles. I know I was definitely lost the first time I went to Chicago, as my bubble didn't contain big city survival skills at the time, but my wife (now ex) who didn't know jack-diddly about rural living was back in her element.

On the topic of bubbles that didn't include country living/wild life I met a guy that didn't think cows had ears. He thought they heard through their horns. It actually took some convincing on our part. In hindsight, we were probably (ok, almost certainly) drunk and he may have been screwing with us. Kind of ruins a good story to think of it that way.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I joined specifically to watch the antics of self-important control freaks. Not living where there is an HOA (which I suggest), I could just watch the idiocy with detached amusement. I also follow "Best of Nextdoor" on Twitter for the same reason, but the locals are more entertaining.
    Lmao! Thanks for this. I had to check out that Twitter and now I have some comedy gold to read thru.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I have a friend who is the CO for the DNR on our lake. His phone rings constantly.... injured raccoons, coyotes with mange, injured/dead ducks/geese/swans/herons. Snakes seen in the lake. And on an on and on..... anything you can imagine.... the Karen's and the Kevin's think that the DNR can readjust nature...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I camped in Brown County SP a few weeks after the first ever deer hunt to thin the herds. Asked a park employee what the reaction had been, he told of being cursed out, at full on sailor level, by a usually mild mannered grandmother because the deer she usually fed at the campsites were gone and she didn't see a single deer in her visit. Ummm, that's the way it should be, but not to her...

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This is why I would not make a good DNR guy.

Caller: "There is an injured possum here. What should we do?"

Me: "Do you own a gun?"

Caller: "No. Why?"

Me: "Find someone with a gun. Then, shoot it in the head to put it out of its misery."

Caller: :xmad:

Me: "Whadya want? Dr. House? Bye."

Nope. Not for me.

Regards,

Doug

jolly rancher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    I second the comments about Next Door. Kind of liked it at first because people were posting about things going on in the hood that were of benefit, like beware of a local homeless grifter who would hit homeowners up for handyman services and then rip them off. The guy actually approached me. But living in B-town there was the constant sermonizing from the overly abundant left wing Karens and Kens about social/political issues that would end in debates with the less than progressive elements in the community. Guess what, the posters that were anywhere right of center were always “cancelled” by the moderators. Needless to say I stopped using it so as to keep my BP down.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I live in the suburbs, and we have a lot of woods around here, so obviously we have various wildlife inhabiting those woods. Of course, deer are one of the types of inhabitants.

We apparently have a neighborhood facebook group where people can go and whine about things going on in the neighborhood. I don't facebook, but my kids do, and they belong to the group. I only have one kid still living at home, but one who has moved out is still a member, and they both like to stir the pot there. :):

Well, my daughter who still lives at home was telling me about someone who posted that she saw a fawn by the side of the road, then saw the fawn and a doe standing by the side of the road. Karen told people not to worry, because she had called DNR about it.

When I got done laughing, I asked my daughter what the heck the Karen expected DNR to do about it. She said "I don't know, they're just deer doing deer things", and we both had a good laugh about it.

So now I'm wondering how many Karen calls the DNR must get. If anyone here works for DNR and has some good Karen stories, please share them so we can all have a good laugh.
    First hand knowledge its not restricted to DNR.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I have it on good authority that people in Bloomington go nuts about baby deer and various animal crap and turn very toxic on the phone, very fast, when BPD or animal control dispatch tells them that there is no such thing as "deer rescue" in Bloomington. BPD will come shoot injured ones and tag the corpse for pickup. Suggesting that usually makes the line go dead.

The baby deer, the baby birds, the sick raccoons, blah blah. People don't seem to understand the natural world has no customer service department.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I once called the DNR about a bobcat in my yard that was either severely injured, had distemper, or had rabies. The dispatcher could care less about the call and said that they would do nothing, and she outright LIED and said they there had not been any cases of rabies in Indiana in five years. I said “OK. I’ll just shoot it to put it out of its misery” - then she said that I couldn’t do THAT, and I would be arrested.

Top Bottom