• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Just picked up another Buck 110 this afternoon. It is used but looks like it cut some cardboard ( the blade is very dull) and was put back into the sheath and put away. The brass has lost it's shine. The date stamp is a 2017 knife.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Might have to polish up the brass and put an edge on the blade tomorrow after church.
    Come to think of it I believe I have two of these that I got as gifts from my wife. One was when we went on our honeymoon in Tennessee. She got me a Buck 110 when we were in SMKW. and the other one she got me as a birthday present about 5 yrs ago.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    My Buck 112 has a set of finger grooves, and slightly smaller blade. The 110 I have is a little bigger, and is a beautiful design. Brass, rivets, and blade are awesome.
    The 112 was a work carried knife and is a 50th Gen Model from 1988. 110 is current, but kept in mint condition. I carry the 110 more as a loss and replace wouldn't be an issue.
    Have used both as a Deer tool, and not any issues besides cleaning and sharpening.
    Good luck, toughest knife i've owned.

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    Yessir, my 110 is my favorite knife. Not my most expensive, or "best", but by far my favorite. It was a Father's Day gift from my oldest, to replace the one I had when he was a youngin. One day it will be his, but not today.

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Many, many, moons ago, I wanted a Buck 110, but saw a Schrade Uncle Henry LB 8 and feel in love with it. Bought it instead. Never looked back. That was over 40 years ago (way back before Schrade was bought out). Still have it and every Buck owner I have shown it to, is jealous of the look of a staghorn knife. Carried it for years and it never let me down. Nothing against Bucks, but this one fits my hand better and holds a wicked edge.

jcj54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NE
    I carry a 110 daily. Have for most of the last 40 years. Have a number of other knives, but they live in the drawer while the 110 goes with me. Don't care if they are jealous....

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Buck 110 is usually the only knife I carry into the woods for hunting.

I used to to take some others along, but the 110 is all that ever made it out of the pack.....so I quit taking the others.

Excellent knives.

Benchmade "auto" serves as daily carry.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I had a 110 years ago, don't know what happened to it....I love lock backs, going to get another one someday.....ahhh....someday....

PlaysInTheDirt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Southport
    I received a 110 Hunter as a Father's Day gift 4 years ago and it hasn't left my pocket since except for a few trips, concerts or sporting events. I've cut burlap off of root balls, opened cardboard boxes, split and skinned wire and a hundred other things. I try to touch up the edge weekly and recently gave it a good clean and sharpen. One of the scale rivets stands a little proud of surface but I've gotten to the point where it feels right in my hand. The bolsters are showing some use but it has a nice character to it now!

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I've had a Buck 110 for about 38 years. Carried it for about 18 years of a 21 year US Army career. It was my go-to when the Swiss Army Woodsman's 3" blade was either too small or not sturdy enough for the cutting task at hand. It was generally easier to use than my M7 bayonet, although I used that occasionally for certain tasks, other than as a bayonet, such as batoning field expedient stakes or something that would be hard on the Buck's locking mechanism, which wasn't very often at all. Always had its leather holster somewhere easily accessible on my ALICE battle rattle.

36339777544_1721215cb6_b.jpg

The clip point blade has a reputation for being easy to break the tip off. It's been my experience it is invariably because the user was either prying or twisting with it which should not be done with any knife. Screwdrivers are for twisting and crowbars are for prying. Nor should it be used for batoning, which is excessively hard on every locking knife mechanism. It will hold an excellent edge and it's not that difficult to sharpen to an extremely fine edge. If you take care of a 110 and don't abuse it, it will last a lifetime, and then some. I've never felt one-hand opening to be an essential. I've got some one-hand, and it can be convenient, but it's not essential. I've never seen a folding knife as a combat weapon. For edged weapons, I have several bayonets and a full-size light cavalry saber (it's not a ceremonial one).
    How does the 110 compare to the 500? Have the 500 I carried on my belt through high school. Sheath looks identical, knife very similar

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Buck 110 is usually the only knife I carry into the woods for hunting.

I used to to take some others along, but the 110 is all that ever made it out of the pack.....so I quit taking the others.

Excellent knives.

Benchmade "auto" serves as daily carry.
    I have one in the sheath, and it used to go with me everywhere. I stepped up to a ZT 301 with a custom carry sheath made of leather by an Ingo member. I love that knife.
    ProTech auto was EDC

Top Bottom