• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Alfordsville
    I keep kicking around the idea of a 110 auto.

Anybody have one? (Did not look at every post in the thread)
    Just to add to the pile. Here is a 110 and 112 auto.
    20180316_230023.jpg
    Also a while back I asked Buck how their autos should be stored:

Thank you for your service, we at Buck Knives are happy to extend the Pro Program to all in the Service Pro industry.

As for your question on Storing the Autos, I spoke with a couple of engineers and I did get a mixed answer as Buck does not have a hard stance either way. One Engineer stated that if the knife was stored for Long periods of time he would leave it open in his safe while another stated that it wouldn’t matter being open or closed due to the way the knife is built/designed.

So I wish I could answer your question more black/white, but I think that if you were to store it for longer periods without use or maintained by oiling I would leave the knife blade open.

Thank you,

Buck Knives

800-735-2825

Fax: 800-733-2825

Buck@buckknives.com

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Watching the final season of "Longmire," I was reminded that Sheriff Longmire carries a Buck 110, which he used a couple of times in two different episodes. It's a perfect match to 1911 and Wyoming cowboy style.
    I LOVED the Longmire series. And as an aside, John Dutton, (Kevin Costner), in Yellowstone carries a Buck 110 as well.

Someone asked upstream, why the drop point rather than the clip point...the drop point is a little sturdier and better actually for field dressing. The clip point is really made for more fine-detailed work.

GRAVES219

Black Rifles Matter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 30, 2021
    Hobart
    I LOVED the Longmire series. And as an aside, John Dutton, (Kevin Costner), in Yellowstone carries a Buck 110 as well.

Someone asked upstream, why the drop point rather than the clip point...the drop point is a little sturdier and better actually for field dressing. The clip point is really made for more fine-detailed work.
    I too carry a 1911 alongside my 110 on my hip

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    I had a 110 gifted to me from a WWII vet that I cut grass for in the mid 80s. Lost it in a move many moons ago. Been carrying other blades since, but liked it enough to seek out this gift.
    112 Ranger Custom. S30V, Cherry on all nickel, black leather sheath.
    Specified this for my older daughter a handful of years ago.
    1643234006388.png

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    My 112, era 1976-79, can't exactly remember. Been used as a hammer, screw driver, pry bar, and of course, a cutting tool. Carried daily for many years, fell off of the grain bin, was run over by the tractor, left stuck in a tree at my stand, dropped in the creek. Wore out the sheath and had to get a new one. It has been a survivor. 20220128_154140.jpg

Random_71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Fort Wayne
    I watched my dad carry a 112 every single day until he switched to a 110 a few years ago. That 112 is the knife I learned how to handle a knife with. I need to pick up a 112 or a 110 but Ive been bitten by the fixed blade bug, so a 119 will likely happen first.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Finally!..............we took a day away from our home build to enjoy our Easter Sunday.
    We drove to Pigeon Forge to one of our favorite places to eat (Huck Finn's), on the way back, we stopped at SMKW in Sevierville and I picked up this long awaited addition (Buck 112 Auto Elite).
    The engraving machine was down so I'll have to go back for that................and maybe something else too. 20220417_182011.jpg

Edged Tools

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Ft Wayne
    Anyone want to carry a Buck 110? I’ve got a new one ready to ship out in the classifieds. More details in the thread within the Edged Tools sub forum.

Top Bottom