• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Still in the Decision stages of my suppressor build. I am currently waiting on a reply from the the company I plan to use. But I was wondering if anyone has ever had their suppressor cryogenically frozen? It toughen up all kinds of metal. But I am wondering if the heat from firing rounds will negate the tempering process. I'll let you know the answer I get, but just wondering if any one has tried it?

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    330   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I'd imagine if it were beneficial, companies would tout it as a selling point. Not sure why you'd need / want to, I've never had an issue with an underperforming brand name can.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    Many companies use heat treating, but not sure if freezing is part of the process. Rex Silentium advertises that their heat treat allows for full auto rated with no minimum barrel lengths with just special heat treatment.

amafrank

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I'm pretty sure the benefits you get wouldn't exceed the costs you'd pay. Cryo treating seems to have a following here and there but if it really helped all that much it would be done by more manufacturers. The costs would be passed on to the customer plus a little for their trouble. None of them would pass up making more profit on the program. So my opinion based on some years of experience in this game is that it isn't worth fooling with.
    Build your can to fit your needs using the proper material. Make sure you leave some safety margins that account for blasting full 30rd mags if you do that too...

Frank

Top Bottom