• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Yes very important. Get to CVS or somewhere and pick a SpO2 checker up.

Oxygen Level Guidance 90% or less This oxygen level is very concerning and may indicate a severe medical problem. Call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room immediately. You may need an urgent x-ray or heart test.

91% to 94% This oxygen level is concerning and may indicate a medical problem. Call your health care provider immediately. If you do not have a health provider, you can get an urgent care evaluation by going to www.ExpressCare.nyc on your computer, smart phone, or tablet, or by calling 332-220-1337 if you do not have internet access. A doctor will evaluate you over the phone or by video. There will be no cost to you. You can also go to a nearby urgent care facility.

95% to 100% This oxygen level is normal. Walk around for two minutes and measure your oxygen level again. If your oxygen level falls below 95%, follow the instructions above.
    You'll be fine unless it drops below 88%...and that is not too concerning. If it stays below 88%, I think you'd be good to call the doctor; but not freak out!

BUT.......talk to your doctor about what level YOUR O2 should be at since he klnows you best.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    You'll be fine unless it drops below 88%...and that is not too concerning. If it stays below 88%, I think you'd be good to call the doctor; but not freak out!

BUT.......talk to your doctor about what level YOUR O2 should be at since he klnows you best.

Read on page four, he gives a brief update. Oxygen was at 60 today.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Ok. Last warning. This thread is not for discussing the political side/arguments about treatments etc. We have multiple other threads for that. This is about Rooster and his fight and others and theirs.

Any further discussion involving the politics of this will result in further action.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Read on page four, he gives a brief update. Oxygen was at 60 today.
    Oxygen level was 60 when they brought me in. Been on 3 types but no vent. They said I was lucky to get taken in here. On a regular o2 tube now and with the blood clots removed my oxygen is back up. Breathing much better with the clots gone. Makes a difference when the chest isn't full of crap.

Once again thank you for all your support. It helps to hear.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Oxygen level was 60 when they brought me in. Been on 3 types but no vent. They said I was lucky to get taken in here. On a regular o2 tube now and with the blood clots removed my oxygen is back up. Breathing much better with the clots gone. Makes a difference when the chest isn't full of crap.

Try to keep a positive outlook...it helps

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville

Glad to hear you're doing a tad better. Praying for a speedy recovery.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Out of ICU today and into a regular recovery room. Oxygen level is doing well. I spoke to the doctor that removed the blood clots. He said I was very lucky and everything just fell into place to let them do their thing. All that into account he said it did just about kill me.
    I'm very glad to have made it here instead of being tubed and shelved in Decatur County like they wanted and tried to do.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Out of ICU today and into a regular recovery room. Oxygen level is doing well. I spoke to the doctor that removed the blood clots. He said I was very lucky and everything just fell into place to let them do their thing. All that into account he said it did just about kill me.
    I'm very glad to have made it here instead of being tubed and shelved in Decatur County like they wanted and tried to do.
    Glad you're continuing to improve Rooster! It does sound like you were lucky to dodge this bullet. The man upstairs must have other plans for you down here yet. :thumbsup:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    So glad to hear from you AR.

Eveeryone reading this. Please pick up a couple pulse oximeter to keep around.. not only are they helpful for monitoring people on painkillers but think how many deaths might have been avoided during this Chinese bio weapon attack if more families had access to a very simple medical device.

know someone with possible Covid infection drop off a pulse oximeter and some chicken soup. If you can figure out how to use a clothes pin you can use a pulse oximeter.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Holy smokes, just saw this thread.

Glad you are improving!

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Please keep us updated as you're able!

Top Bottom