• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Not much new to report. Still in a holding pattern. Physical therapy has me up and walking around checking my oxygen level. Walked around just fine but then they brought out a step. I did about 10 steps up and down and it dropped from 96 to 86. They want it to stay in the 90s.
    I can't believe how fast and hard this hit me. I'm 51 and a month ago was able to do anything I wanted. Today 10 steps on the portable stair and it kicked my butt. My apartment is on the second floor too. May be rethinking my balcony view next lease.
    Don't despair. Keep at it, this'll be temporary. I was shocked at how hard I had to work to train back up to my regular daily exercise, and I had no clotting or hospitalization. Be patient.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Not much new to report. Still in a holding pattern. Physical therapy has me up and walking around checking my oxygen level. Walked around just fine but then they brought out a step. I did about 10 steps up and down and it dropped from 96 to 86. They want it to stay in the 90s.
    I can't believe how fast and hard this hit me. I'm 51 and a month ago was able to do anything I wanted. Today 10 steps on the portable stair and it kicked my butt. My apartment is on the second floor too. May be rethinking my balcony view next lease.
    Stay strong brother

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Got discharged and made it home today. Good to be here. Tomorrow is the last day for the steroid but the blood thinner has about a month left. Pretty much taking it easy and trying to recover. Getting upstairs was lots of fun. Even with the taxi driver carrying everything it was a several stop trip to get to the second floor. It's done now and I should be good. Hopefully the postal lady will bring my mail up to a bag on the door instead of the mailbox. Plan on asking about that tomorrow.

Again, thank you for all the advice and support.

Hoosierdaddy1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2015
    Camby
    Had a friend lose his wife, last year. He brought it home from work and all 4 got it. Him and two daughter barely had symptom, she died after 2.5 months in the hospital.

lost my sister in law, last week. They’re blaming the COVID but she had many underlying issue.

myself and wife have both taken the jab as personal choice, not forced by our job.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Got discharged and made it home today. Good to be here. Tomorrow is the last day for the steroid but the blood thinner has about a month left. Pretty much taking it easy and trying to recover. Getting upstairs was lots of fun. Even with the taxi driver carrying everything it was a several stop trip to get to the second floor. It's done now and I should be good. Hopefully the postal lady will bring my mail up to a bag on the door instead of the mailbox. Plan on asking about that tomorrow.

Glad to hear, stick with it and you'll get back to normal.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

Chin up, rooster. Keep us posted on your success!

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Main thing right now is endurance and my muscles. My knees aren't the greatest and I've been on the joint pills for a long time. I didn't take them with me and have been off of them for almost a month now. Combine that with the body aches and being confined to bed at the hospital and I'm not very stable.
    I have an air machine in the apartment and a few small tanks if I have to leave but right now can't walk to the mailbox, lol. Stairs are a true nemesis. It's slowly getting better though and I'm doing chores off and on each day until I need a break. It helps.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Pro tip:

Red meat
    Whiskey
    Cigars
    Made a couple of burgers tonight. I mainly stuck with the same thing in the hospital. Had a lemon grilled salmon, mashed potatoes and steamed green beans each day for lunch & dinner. Was actually pretty good. They had me on a low carb diet since the steroids were screwing with my blood sugar and it was borderline anyway. I managed to squirrel away a couple dinner rolls for the middle of the night everyday though.

My doctor has always been trying to get my weight down just a bit. I'm around 230 and she wants me around 200 or a little less. At one point I thought about the Keto thing. I think it restricts you to 20 carbs a day or so, don't remember. Thought that would be a way to go. While in the hospital my meals were around 50-60 each and I was still hungry most of the time. No way I'd be able to do the Keto. Guess it will have to be another way.

Burgers were pretty good. I have an air fryer that's supposed to be here tomorrow. Going to give it a try with some chicken and fries, probably some salmon as well. Never used one but heard great things.

Top Bottom