• ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    So glad to hear from you AR.

Eveeryone reading this. Please pick up a couple pulse oximeter to keep around.. not only are they helpful for monitoring people on painkillers but think how many deaths might have been avoided during this Chinese bio weapon attack if more families had access to a very simple medical device.

know someone with possible Covid infection drop off a pulse oximeter and some chicken soup. If you can figure out how to use a clothes pin you can use a pulse oximeter.
    Highly recommend this. I had ordered one while sick but it hit me so fast and hard that it's still in the mailbox right now not doing a bit of good.

Get the items you will need and make sure it works.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Highly recommend this. I had ordered one while sick but it hit me so fast and hard that it's still in the mailbox right now not doing a bit of good.

Get the items you will need and make sure it works.
    We've got a pulse oximeter in our kitchen cabinet. I forget now why we got it, but I think it was when DoggyMama was recovering from cancer treatments.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    There are vaccinations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was very suspicious of them and still not a fan of the no accountability. I still feel that with them being used on such a wide level there needs to be accountability, not just sign a waiver and take your chances. That being said, after talking in depth with my sister (NP), I'll be getting the Moderna once I'm eligible. I think they said I'd be good to get it 3 months after I'm better.
    From what I read the J&J single shot has a higher risk of blood clots, not something I want.
    Maybe by the time I'm cleared there will be more accountability.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Out of ICU today and into a regular recovery room. Oxygen level is doing well. I spoke to the doctor that removed the blood clots. He said I was very lucky and everything just fell into place to let them do their thing. All that into account he said it did just about kill me.
    I'm very glad to have made it here instead of being tubed and shelved in Decatur County like they wanted and tried to do.
    Yeah definitely don't let them do that...

Glad to hear they actually, like, treated your condition. Did they offer any more detailed word on what mechanism, specifically, created the clots? Doesn't seem like an effect of the virus I've heard a lot about, especially considering once they were gone your breathing normalized.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I was very suspicious of them and still not a fan of the no accountability. I still feel that with them being used on such a wide level there needs to be accountability, not just sign a waiver and take your chances. That being said, after talking in depth with my sister (NP), I'll be getting the Moderna once I'm eligible. I think they said I'd be good to get it 3 months after I'm better.
    From what I read the J&J single shot has a higher risk of blood clots, not something I want.
    Just being nosey, and sorry if I missed it...did you receive monoclonal antibodies?

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Yeah definitely don't let them do that...

Glad to hear they actually, like, treated your condition. Did they offer any more detailed word on what mechanism, specifically, created the clots? Doesn't seem like an effect of the virus I've heard a lot about, especially considering once they were gone your breathing normalized.
    I'll ask more about it this weekend. They did seem to form pretty quickly. I did sit around once I tested positive though.

The first time I had it was back in the first week of January 2020 before it was really even a thing here. It mostly ended up being like a bad flu. High fever, etc. The only odd thing at the time was the body aches and taste of food. There were a few times I couldn't walk to the bathroom but I crawled in. I live alone and it was a single bedroom. All this lasted about 10 days.

Fast forward. We were missing parts at work and had the 27th off. I started feeling bad and they sent me through the drive through testing site at work on the 28th. Spit in the tube and got a positive result at 11pm on the 29th.
    I fully expected it to be a similar experience. The blood clots changed all that. I had to call 911 and was in panic breaths by the time they got there this past Tuesday or Wednesday. On the x-rays it looked like someone had dumped a bag of corn chips in my chest.

It's not been anything like the first time through. My sister has been telling me similar things. She's a NP but has been working on the covid truck since March I believe. I'm sure once I'm better and released she's going to be combing my file pretty well. I welcome it. This whole thing seems so different depending on who you talk to. She'll be able to explain what actually happened in my case and that will help.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Just being nosey, and sorry if I missed it...did you receive monoclonal antibodies?
    I don't think so. Right now they have me on a blood thinner and some kind of steroid, along with some insulin. My blood sugar levels are up because of the medicine and they were kind of borderline anyway.
    I'll ask about the antibodies this weekend as well.
    I'll try to provide info as I can. I truly appreciate all the support and want to make sure that someone else may benefit if possible. I quit watching the media on it a while back. It's impossible to make heads or tails of it. I'm lucky to have medical professionals in the family to guide me through.

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Clotting seems to be a pretty significant side effect. That was what ended up doing my cousin in despite being vaccinated. They were testing my wife like crazy, and while having high blood markers in the tests for clotting, they could not find any, but still treated her with blood thinners along with the steroids and a gout medication that is an anti-inflammatory.

Her sugars were out of control, and will remain that way while on the steroids. They will do their best, but until you are off those, you are flying by the seat of your pants.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I don't think so. Right now they have me on a blood thinner and some kind of steroid, along with some insulin. My blood sugar levels are up because of the medicine and they were kind of borderline anyway.
    I'll ask about the antibodies this weekend as well.
    I'll try to provide info as I can. I truly appreciate all the support and want to make sure that someone else may benefit if possible. I quit watching the media on it a while back. It's impossible to make heads or tails of it. I'm lucky to have medical professionals in the family to guide me through.

I may have missed it, but how did you get them to get you the right treatment? It sounds like they wanted to do something and you wanted something else. Was that a family member, Doctor or yourself who got them to make the change?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    If you have Covid then you will have attained natural immunity from it when you recover.

I've had 3 Moderna jabs. Jan/Feb and a full (not the current 1/2) dose again in early September. Among the vaccines, Moderna seems to have the best long term effects against Covid complications. But natural immunity achieved after recovery is actually better than any of the man-made shots.

Clearly I am pro-vaccine. But if you recover then you don't need the vaccine. Literally you have the super-immunity that the vaccines don't seem to provide. Great video from Dr John Campbell below, worth watching. He is very pro-vaccine. He is also pro-treatments.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    If you have Covid then you will have attained natural immunity from it when you recover.

I've had 3 Moderna jabs. Jan/Feb and a full (not the current 1/2) dose again in early September. Among the vaccines, Moderna seems to have the best long term effects against Covid complications. But natural immunity achieved after recovery is actually better than any of the man-made shots.

Clearly I am pro-vaccine. But if you recover then you don't need the vaccine. Literally you have the super-immunity that the vaccines don't seem to provide. Great video from Dr John Campbell below, worth watching. He is very pro-vaccine. He is also pro-treatments.

I'm guessing with this being his second time with COVID, he may not want to roll the dice on natural immunity being enough.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I may have missed it, but how did you get them to get you the right treatment? It sounds like they wanted to do something and you wanted something else. Was that a family member, Doctor or yourself who got them to make the change?
    Not exactly sure. I know my sister said they didn't have a choice because they couldn't provide the level of needed care. A couple years ago I would have believed that more. Nowadays I'm not so sure. I know I told them I didn't want to be tubed and shelved. Overall I think I was just very lucky and things worked out. My sister said they called around (started in Decatur County) and Methodist said they could help. That's when the careflight took me. At that point I was pretty out of it.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I know the natural immunity is the best way to go, but I don't know how long it lasts. That's something I want to talk over with my sister when all is said and done. I'm not above getting the vaccine when the time is right but I don't want to undermine the natural aspect first.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Not much new to report. Still in a holding pattern. Physical therapy has me up and walking around checking my oxygen level. Walked around just fine but then they brought out a step. I did about 10 steps up and down and it dropped from 96 to 86. They want it to stay in the 90s.
    I can't believe how fast and hard this hit me. I'm 51 and a month ago was able to do anything I wanted. Today 10 steps on the portable stair and it kicked my butt. My apartment is on the second floor too. May be rethinking my balcony view next lease.

Top Bottom