• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Tested positive at the end of the month. At first it was just a fever and headaches. That advanced to a 104 degree fever and other stuff. Currently coughing and occasionally gasping for breath. I've got an appointment tomorrow if I can make it. From what I've read there isn't much they can do. The lady on the phone said I'll probably be given some antibiotics and a steroid of some kind.

This has been really rough and been going through it alone as well. Wish me luck.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Tested positive at the end of the month. At first it was just a fever and headaches. That advanced to a 104 degree fever and other stuff. Currently coughing and occasionally gasping for breath. I've got an appointment tomorrow if I can make it. From what I've read there isn't much they can do. The lady on the phone said I'll probably be given some antibiotics and a steroid of some kind.

This has been really rough and been going through it alone as well. Wish me luck.
    Good luck. My daughter had it a couple months ago and it held on for about three weeks, if I remember correctly. Fine now, but it was rough for a while.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Sister, her husband and both daughters, (20 and 15), all had it at same time.
    Sister spent 2 days in hospital (she's fine but had a rough time). BIL treated and released with antibiotics nd a few days off work. Both girls seen and released as well.
    There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the intensity experienced.
    Wishing ya a speedy and complete recovery AR.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Blood oxygen level checks. Take one.
    Yes very important. Get to CVS or somewhere and pick a SpO2 checker up.

Oxygen Level Guidance 90% or less This oxygen level is very concerning and may indicate a severe medical problem. Call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room immediately. You may need an urgent x-ray or heart test.

91% to 94% This oxygen level is concerning and may indicate a medical problem. Call your health care provider immediately. If you do not have a health provider, you can get an urgent care evaluation by going to www.ExpressCare.nyc on your computer, smart phone, or tablet, or by calling 332-220-1337 if you do not have internet access. A doctor will evaluate you over the phone or by video. There will be no cost to you. You can also go to a nearby urgent care facility.

95% to 100% This oxygen level is normal. Walk around for two minutes and measure your oxygen level again. If your oxygen level falls below 95%, follow the instructions above.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Blood oxygen level checks. Take one.
    ^^^THIS^^^

First thing I did when I was diagnosed back in April was have my wife go get a Pulse Oximeter. The whole family ended up with COVID. We all monitored our oxygen levels multiple times per day. I told everyone that if their O2 levels dropped below 90%, they were going straight to the hospital. Came real close with my wife.

I'm convinced that the key with this is constant monitoring, and not waiting till it gets too bad. Prayers for your recovery.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    Went thru it a few weeks ago. Major trots, lost 27 pounds in three weeks, no energy. Ended up spending a week sleeping on couch due to the constant coughing. Good luck as life can really suck in your near future

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Sister, her husband and both daughters, (20 and 15), all had it at same time.
    Sister spent 2 days in hospital (she's fine but had a rough time). BIL treated and released with antibiotics nd a few days off work. Both girls seen and released as well.
    There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the intensity experienced.
    Wishing ya a speedy and complete recovery AR.

This is what I have noticed as well. I know a big older diabetic guy who had hardly any issues with it and a 26 year old ISP Officer in marathon shape kick his @** for 2 weeks. Has to be a genetic thing some people have.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Even if you don't have access to ivermectin, there are several OTCs in that treatment protocol that you can obtain yourself and use with no risks.

Some preliminary data is showing good results from aspirin. I used ibuprofin (good ol vitamin I) for the headaches and sore throat, in retrospect I might have substituted aspirin if I knew this. Risk is very low because, you know, it's aspirin.

I'm reasonably young and reasonably healthy and it still sucked. 2 days of sore throat. 3 days of sore throat, headache, mild fever, high fatigue, and moderate brain fog. Basically couldn't do anything but lay in bed, read books, and drift in and out of sleep. Sore throat resolved, headache let up, was better for 3 days. Then it moved to my lungs and I had 3 days of very uncomfortable shortness of breath. The tips of my fingers were tingly and cold from low O2. At times I couldn't really do anything except lay in bed and focus on breathing. Scary, not fun. But on the afternoon of the 3rd day of that I turned a corner and my breathing began to improve.

It took about another 3 days to recover enough breathing to be able to go out for walks, and about a week to struggle through my first run. It took a third week of training to get back up to my same pace and frequency of exercise. From there out I was fully recovered, save for my sense of smell taking almost a month to return fully.

I did the whole thing alone, too. It sucked. Help yourself however you can, even if it's just OTC vitamins, stay hydrated, rest.

*I am not a doctor and all of the above should be considered for entertainment value or horse care only

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Had Covid Pneumonia, spent a week in the hospital a couple months ago, was not fun. My daughter brought it home from church camp and the wife and I got it. They sent me home with a large oxygen machine. Like others said, keep and eye on your oxygen. It is taking a long time to get over, still get out of breath easily and daily naps.

I have to give a huge thank you to INGO's very own Doc. As soon as I knew I was sick I messaged Doc and asked for his advise. He recommended the antibody treatment they are now talking about. I have no doubt that this along with prayers got me through. Doc, I can not thank you enough. Tim

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    My family had it in early August. None of us had it bad, but the spo2 meter was still handy. My wife dropped to 92 on day 10 and her cough became painful. We went to urgent care and found out she had pneumonia, steroids, antibiotics, and an inhaler got her feeling better in a few days.
    Most of the people that I know that have had the antibody treatment bounced back relatively quickly compared to those of us that just waited it out

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    If a man had a horse that needs ivermectin you would just go to tractor supply and pick it up off the shelf. Even comes in sour apple flavor which isn’t too bad according to the horses that take it. Just saying…. And today the news ran a story about not taking aspirin. Yes I always wear my tin foil hat but that doesn’t mean they are not out to get me I mean us. Population control is real.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Just ordered a pulse oxygen meter. I'm sure my level is low. I've had the tingling in my hands and arms for a while. I'm hoping I can get out and drive tomorrow.

Thanks for all the advice and information.

Not sure I would be out and about. Anyway someone can bring you one?

Steven Crowder, a radio/podcast guy said he used NAC when he just had it. I guess you can get it at GNC. He said he felt great in a couple days.

Last edited:

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    I've been off work for the past week. It started out like a sinus infection type of deal and progressively got worse. The worst for me was the congestion and body aches. The congestion was expected, the body aches were rough. My back felt like someone had stomped the **** out of me. Not threw to many hay bales sore, it was like someone hit me with a 2x4 across the back sore. Thankfully, I am recovering and doing well. I feel like I had a mild version compared to some people. Today was the last day of quarantine and GOD willing I'll be back to work later this week. I didn't go to the doctor to be tested. I was at a funeral where a large group of people have tested positive of it since. Same timeline/symptoms I have. So when it all hit and My taste went away, I pretty much knew. Rest, hydrate, pray, and keep an eye on your O2 levels.

Last edited:

Bighoss91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 14, 2020
    Milton
    Had it last year never got to bad but I was 29 years old, pretty healthy decently active, but over weight at about 290( I'm 6'2"). I had been taking vitamin c and zinc since the scare started added aspirin when I got sick. The loss of taste and smell is commonly caused by a zinc deficiency. I never experienced it and had a light cough, headaches, and some pretty hard body aches for a week. I have an aunt that got it early last year and had some serious blood clotting problems and lost a leg. So please be careful and don't wait to go to the doctor if you experience any numbness or severe discomfort in your legs. Good luck and get well.

Top Bottom