Anyone else considering voting Sceniak after Young showed us his true colors?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just an observation from an voter who has no party affiliation/ties. We wonder how our country has gotten where it is. We have serious issues with how a particular politician votes on KEY issues. Yet since he is a R, he automatically gets the votes since he is not a D. What do you think politicians think after getting voter support? They will continue down the path the voters hate and likely even get worse. All because we only vote political party, PERIOD. It matters little how anti-freedom a R is, as long as they stay R, they will get the votes. Why would they listen to any of you? Why would they care about your emails? They know they will get your votes because they are not a D.
    Bingo and as I have said repeatedly this all falls back on us.

What the answer is to correct the mess we have caused is beyond me. But we need to address this in a serious fashion.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The media greatly misrepresented what he said. The RNC spent zero dollars and zero effort to counter it. They had the resources, staff and know how, they just wouldn't.

The RNC did other things that year to marginalize our efforts. It also happened on our county and state levels. Yes the republican power brokers involved are directly responsible for his loss.

I wouldn't vote for my own mother if she ran as a democrat, but I am livid at the republican's games of deception, growing big government control, and furthering the decline of individual rights. They allow just enough support to push the agenda while trying to maintain plausible deniability. They are playing us.
    Been saying this same thing for years. And I am not a direct player like you but just look at what is happening. It should be crystal clear.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Bingo and as I have said repeatedly this all falls back on us.

What the answer is to correct the mess we have caused is beyond me. But we need to address this in a serious fashion.
    The “dream” answer is for enough to be willing to vote L to actually put them over the top and show the two party system who’s boss.
    Now how do we muster that kind of turnout for an L?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The “dream” answer is for enough to be willing to vote L to actually put them over the top and show the two party system who’s boss.
    Good point.
    How...???

1st there has to be one that's worth a crap. Thats a solid beginning. Then they have to stay the course under the heat lamp on the hill.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Good point.
    How...???

1st there has to be one that's worth a crap. Thats a solid beginning. Then they have to stay the course under the heat lamp on the hill.
    Agree they certainly have to be better than they have been, there’s enough crazy in the L to turn many off, although I thought Jorgenson/Cohen had broad appeal.
    The other way the L’s can look good is if the r and d looks so bad.

I’ve said before, it all needs burnt down, and somebody has to go first. It won’t be without pain.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

I'm happy to do this, but the candidate is gonna have to show up. Sadly, like the majority of the L's, the only reason we are talking about him now is because we hate that back stabbing Young and we CAN'T VOTE DEMOCRAT.

With the possible exception of Rainwater, (Why isn't he running for Young's seat, after kinda showing up in the election for governor?) no libertarians have done anything to actually contend to win. All they do is bitch, bitch, bitch about all of the parties being the same. That it is everyone else's but their own fault that they cannot win. That the two party system is the problem. Blah, blah, blah...

...Oh, but let's go get stoned. :n00b:

Now would be the time for the libertarian to be fundraising on Young's abysmal voting record, but where in the hell is he? Why is he not fundraising here on INGO and every other gun related site on the web? Let alone other related sites, uhhhh maybe conservatives, the taxed enough already crowd, anti-lockdown and anti-vax folks?

Where is the libertarian for senate seat rally on this holiday weekend?

We shouldn't have to go back to the title of the thread to remember the libertarian's name! :nono:

:soapbox:

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm happy to do this, but the candidate is gonna have to show up. Sadly, like the majority of the L's, the only reason we are talking about him now is because we hate that back stabbing Young and we CAN'T VOTE DEMOCRAT.

With the possible exception of Rainwater, (Why isn't he running for Young's seat, after kinda showing up in the election for governor?) no libertarians have done anything to actually contend to win. All they do is bitch, bitch, bitch about all of the parties being the same. That it is everyone else's but their own fault that they cannot win. That the two party system is the problem. Blah, blah, blah...

...Oh, but let's go get stoned. :n00b:

Now would be the time for the libertarian to be fundraising on Young's abysmal voting record, but where in the hell is he? Why is he not fundraising here on INGO and every other gun related site on the web? Let alone other related sites, uhhhh maybe conservatives, the taxed enough already crowd, anti-lockdown and anti-vax folks?

Where is the libertarian for senate seat rally on this holiday weekend?

We shouldn't have to go back to the title of the thread to remember the libertarian's name! :nono:

:soapbox:
    Pretty spot on my friend.
    Fund raising. There in lies another issue. In doing the fundraising promises are made. Debts are formed to answer to favors for the monies invested. The onesie twosie monies they get from us average donors won’t properly fill the war-chest. Once hat cycle begins they are no longer beholden to us but to the people with the needed funds. Then you follow the money.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I have thought a few Democrats had some sound views, but the day they took office, they lost their minds and voted whatever Ted Kennedy, Tip Oneal, Tom Foley or nancy pelosi and chuckie Schumer wanted. I don't believe the "moderate" speaking democrats any more. Voting has become like signing up for a beating to avoid bankruptcy.

That's the problem. The Democrat candidates almost always become rubber stamps for whatever the Democratic Party Platform is. Just look at the voting history across Dem members of Congress and presidents. The Dem leadership does a great job of keeping all the Dems in line. On any big vote, at most there may be 1 or 2 Dem holdouts; the rest just rubber-stamp whatever leftist authoritarian garbage is considered. The Republicans in general aren't as good with keeping uniformity; lot of RINOs who vote the right way often and the wrong way often.

But there still is a huge difference between a RINO who votes the right way about half the time (norm for a RINO) vs a Dem who votes the wrong way every time!

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    ^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^

Voting to make a point or to make a statement fall on deaf ears and only bolster the Dem running for that seat.
    Yes this sucks but as I already said, the game is rigged, and we have allowed this to happen.
    I wish there was a place to mark on the ballot "voting with reservations for this candidate, subject to recall with proper notice"

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    They rigged it so that he was unopposed
    "Rigged" as in, "nobody wanted to throw away money trying to run against a very popular candidate."

Face it, Young is popular with about everyone except Democrats and hard core ultra-conservatives who can never be appeased.

There's people who will always find something to complain about with every politician.

:coffee:

In a republic, the most popular candidate wins; not necessarily the best one.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    "Rigged" as in, "nobody wanted to throw away money trying to run against a very popular candidate."

Face it, Young is popular with about everyone except Democrats and hard core ultra-conservatives who can never be appeased.

There's people who will always find something to complain about with every politician.

Oooo you just called this a Republic....:)

Good on you sir.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

No, someone tried. There were issues with Marion County verifying the signatures he turned in to them in time for the challenge to keep him off of the ballot.

I doubt he would have won, but that is something we will never know.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I was actively involved in defeating Lugar in the primary. We did defeat him despite many democrats voting in the republican primary trying to save him. We had a good candidate but the RNC wasn't pleased and did not give him the support he needed because he wasn't going to be their lap dog. The result was we got Donally who could have been easily defeated had the RNC wanted it, they didn't. The end result is Young ended up withe seat 6 years later and he is a good RNC lap dog helping to grow big government along with the DNC.

The RNC chooses those they think can vote with the dems and still have a good chance of being re-elected. Young makes that cut. In that way they help to grow government control while claiming they don't.

Irony for me is we help Young win the primary and general election for his first term in the House of Representatives. We wanted to defeat Hill and thought young blood would help, That has come back to bite us, the lying POS.
    Young replaced Dan Coats by beating Bayh. It was Braun that defeated Donally.

scout5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Charlestown
    I don't disagree, but abortion is an issue I'm willing to dismiss a candidate over.
    True. I didn't separate the the seats in my posts. We wanted to defeat Baron Hill in the 9th district and thought new blood would have a better chance than Mike Sodrel. Sodrel was okay but Hill had beat him two out of three, Young hadn't shown us his big government position yet. Unintended consequences have come back to bite, hard.

Top Bottom