Anyone else considering voting Sceniak after Young showed us his true colors?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So instead of voting for Young, you'll vote for an independent or libertarian that doesn't have a snowballs chance in h*ll of winning, just to make a point?

I'm sure the Democrat running against Young will appreciate your gesture...
    ^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^

Voting to make a point or to make a statement fall on deaf ears and only bolster the Dem running for that seat.
    Yes this sucks but as I already said, the game is rigged, and we have allowed this to happen.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There's an argument to be made that short term pain to obtain long a longer term gain, might be worth it. In Indiana, a fairly reliable "red" state, the only way to get rid of a disappointing republican candidate means let a democrat win for a term. The only other way to defeat the disappointment is to primary him/her...and that simply doesn't happen near enough.

We lived through a term of Donnally. He had to stay somewhat sane if he had any hope of getting re-elected.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Poin
    There's an argument to be made that short term pain to obtain long a longer term gain, might be worth it. In Indiana, a fairly reliable "red" state, the only way to get rid of a disappointing republican candidate means let a democrat win for a term. The only other way to defeat the disappointment is to primary him/her...and that simply doesn't happen near enough.

We lived through a term of Donnally. He had to stay somewhat sane if he had any hope of getting re-elected.
    t made and taken. Well stated as always sir.
    But in these insane times we now live in 1 seat in the senate is bigger than huge. Even it is filled by a slimy piece of crap RINO.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Poin

t made and taken. Well stated as always sir.
    But in these insane times we now live in 1 seat in the senate is bigger than huge. Even it is filled by a slimy piece of crap RINO.

Correct! The Senate is so important look at the SCOTUS and where we could be right now if not for having the majority during the Trump years. We need a real majority there to keep us safe. Jim.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Correct! The Senate is so important look at the SCOTUS and where we could be right now if not for having the majority during the Trump years. We need a real majority there to keep us safe. Jim.

Yes. Even though I am terribly disappointed in Young, I will vote for him as a vote against McDermott in Nov. With the Senate on the precipice, it is the most important thing ever to break the Dem stranglehold. Right now they control the Presidency, the House and the Senate. I can live with some lukeworm slimy RINOs in order to stop that catastrophe for continuing for another 2 years. We need to do anything we can to thwart Biden and the left-wing power-brokers who are propping him up. And if "anything we can" includes keeping Young in for another term, it's still worth it. The next primary is the time to get rid of him!

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Yes, and I have said why elsewhere.

If I don't vote for Sceniak, then I likely won't cast a vote for that position.

Young has dishonored and violated his Oath of office. He has far too often traded on his service, only to use his vote against his constituency. He has proven beyond doubt to me that he is NOT a Constitutionalist, and he IS part of the Uniparty which is mostly consumed with enriching and protecting themselves.

Voting for an "R", who then demonstrates over and over by the votes they cast that they DO NOT conform to their Party's Platform, their own campaign statements, or in too many cases their constituents desires is simply self destructive of government of the people for the people.

I will continue to pester the National and Indiana Republican Parties to remove their support from Young (and all RINOs). If they continue to support them, then the Republican Party deserves the loss of support they experience.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    What, really, is the difference between a slimy Rino of an R and a straight up despicable D in the Senate?

It seems Young is only Republican enough (?) to keep getting the R voters away from voting in a Demoncrat.

I completely agree with him being part of the uniparty--part of the scum that makes DC a swamp in the first place.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Can someone point me to a favorable comparison between Young's voting record and a presumed Indiana Democrat record? Because I'm having a really hard time seeing where it would be much different in actual legislative votes. Not what-ifs and but-think-how-much-worse-it-would-be, but real positions on actual legislation.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Can someone point me to a favorable comparison between Young's voting record and a presumed Indiana Democrat record? Because I'm having a really hard time seeing where it would be much different in actual legislative votes. Not what-ifs and but-think-how-much-worse-it-would-be, but real positions on actual legislation.

Todd's score is 50%. Votes the right way half the time. Certainly not good. But far better than the Democrats' scores. Indiana Democrats were at 6% and 8% respectively. Voting the right way 50% of the time is far better than voting the right way only 7% of the time...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yay! More of the argument about how useless it is to vote for anyone other than the guy with the R next to their name!
    In a way it is. Unless there is a huge grass roots movement afoot on his behalf. It has been proven time and time again.

But, in the end it is your vote to do with as you see fit. Thems the rules.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes, and I have said why elsewhere.

If I don't vote for Sceniak, then I likely won't cast a vote for that position.

Young has dishonored and violated his Oath of office. He has far too often traded on his service, only to use his vote against his constituency. He has proven beyond doubt to me that he is NOT a Constitutionalist, and he IS part of the Uniparty which is mostly consumed with enriching and protecting themselves.

Voting for an "R", who then demonstrates over and over by the votes they cast that they DO NOT conform to their Party's Platform, their own campaign statements, or in too many cases their constituents desires is simply self destructive of government of the people for the people.

I will continue to pester the National and Indiana Republican Parties to remove their support from Young (and all RINOs). If they continue to support them, then the Republican Party deserves the loss of support they experience.
    Understandable but the more who do this the less votes are cast and wasted. They see it as a lazy electorate and really start diving into the cookie jar unopposed.

What the answer here is I have no clue. We shot ourselves in the foot when we did not primary this douche water drinker out of the seat if that was ever a real possibility.

Top Bottom