Anyone else considering voting Sceniak after Young showed us his true colors?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And each of those has sided with then libs of scotus on at least 1 occasion I believe. My opinion is that it only takes agreeing with a communist once to become one.
    Better that than to have all liberal justices. And their two most recent important decisions would have gone entirely differently had they not been there.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Better that than to have all liberal justices. And their two most recent important decisions would have gone entirely differently had they not been there.
    You’re justifying why we need RINOs. That’s a slow walk left no matter how you put lipstick on it. I prefer to see it collapse and start over. I have no time for those that compromise and say it’s better.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I know I definitely lean towards the burn it all down side, but this one argument right here is enough to change my mind when it comes voting time. Justices/judges are extremely important, but if the timing is right, red wave, all three houses, etc, it should be good timing to build L momentum.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You’re justifying why we need RINOs. That’s a slow walk left no matter how you put lipstick on it. I prefer to see it collapse and start over. I have no time for those that compromise and say it’s better.
    I get it. I really do. But unless and until a third party, whether it's L or something else, comes along with the kind of money to throw at campaigning like the D's and R's do, that's the reality we have to work with. Do you know any multi-billionaires that would be willing to bankroll a national campaign for the third party candidates? And even that's no guarantee, with the entire election process being suspect now.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I get it. I really do. But unless and until a third party, whether it's L or something else, comes along with the kind of money to throw at campaigning like the D's and R's do, that's the reality we have to work with. Do you know any multi-billionaires that would be willing to bankroll a national campaign for the third party candidates? And even that's no guarantee, with the entire election process being suspect now.
    You first have to make the Rs loose to take power away. If we can’t absorb an R loss and a D win to the point it takes the power away from the GOP leadership, then there’s no chance of fundamental change in the party.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You first have to make the Rs loose to take power away. If we can’t absorb an R loss and a D win to the point it takes the power away from the GOP leadership, then there’s no chance of fundamental change in the party.
    Wait, what? You're saying we have to let the Democrats take over before we can change the GOP? That seems like a really bad idea.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    And each of those has sided with then libs of scotus on at least 1 occasion I believe. My opinion is that it only takes agreeing with a communist once to become one.
    Well, that's just not fair.

What if the ruling is about whether the gov can do X against the citizens, say take DNA when booking someone but not actually convicted of anything to run against samples for crimes unrelated to the arrest? What if the justice is opposed to the feds coming to your home and destroying plants planted in your home for personal use with seeds purchased in-state, while the "for" argument is that this somehow needed because it'll affect interstate commerce?

If so, you think Scalia was a communist (first example), and Thomas is a communist (second). (Both in dissents)

A broken clock might be right twice a day, so why can't a liberal justice get the answer right, at least some of the time? There have a plethora of 9-0 decisions over the years. Are you going to stand on the very shaky ground to label *all* of those decisions as communist decisions?

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    The court has had communists on the bench since RBG. Before that they had semi sensible liberals. With the 3 on there today plus Roberts, I wouldn’t agree with any of their votes.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I disagree. Not everything has to be all tribal, all the time.

There has actually been a decision or two where I've agreed with Kagan or Sotomayor. (And some decisions that were unanimous. Did those decisions make Thomas or Alito communists?)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I disagree. Not everything has to be all tribal, all the time.

There has actually been a decision or two where I've agreed with Kagan or Sotomayor. (And some decisions that were unanimous. Did those decisions make Thomas or Alito communists?)
    16 cases were unanimous this term.
    11 were 8-1.
    4 were 7-2
    19 were 6-3
    10 were 5-4
    6 don't show a vote with a per curiam opinion, so there were 60 cases with votes.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    So instead of voting for Young, you'll vote for an independent or libertarian that doesn't have a snowballs chance in h*ll of winning, just to make a point?

I'm sure the Democrat running against Young will appreciate your gesture...

You seem to believe it will be close.

It will not be.

Young, despite all the ******** and moaning about him (even by folks here), he will be re-elected by a large margin.

Much of that is attributable to the point that you illustrate.."If I don't cast my vote for this *******, another ******* might win".

Why disparage some who vote for an alternative that more closely aligns with their opinions, values, and beliefs?

Indiana is a "very reliable" state. It will not get any easier from here on out to do so.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Very well said!
    It’s an interesting use of words, however, to read libertarians “ideologically pure” and “don’t compromise”. I think I get what your saying, but I also think that there are many R’s (and D’s on the other end) who wouldn’t vote for them because they come across as impure and compromising to the ‘mainline’ beliefs. In some ways this is the hurdle, to get people to not let perfect get in the way of good.
    It depends on what ideology you reference. I have long called myself a "small L libertarian", meaning not a member of that party, but holding basic core beliefs that include government doing it's very closely bound job, providing a military to defend our nation, secure our borders, etc., but other than those and the other closely-bound duties assigned to the government Constitutionally, I want them to get the F out of my life and out of my way. Government has powers assigned to it, and has taken many that were not so assigned, taking those from their Divine source, our rights. The Libertarians as a party hold to those, mostly, and where the Left see them compromising is in allowing (sic) citizens to have guns, while the Right decries the fact that libertarians don't care if you want to smoke a joint as long as you're not putting anyone else at risk by doing so. (and for the record, I don't even drink, so no, I don't have any desire to use pot.)

Each of the two "directions" want government to enforce their view of what should be. The Left wants it one way, the Right wants it the other, and I don't see anyone but libertarians saying "I want my government present, but as small and conflicted as possible." I want them to have to WORK to gain consensus on stuff that is going to step into my life, and I want it to step equally into the lives of the people making those decisions, which is to say that I don't want special carve-outs for politicians just because they are, or were, politicians..

To me, this seems like the best approach. When the law will apply equally to all people, there is less tendency to write laws that adversely affect anyone.

$0.02

Blessings,
    Bill

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    CRAZY idea IMO. Now is not the time to be risking anything; we cannot allow the democrats to win ANYTHING. Ever. We need to secure the "R's" (even rino's) til we have a good lead. Once that happens, we can begin to weed out the rino's.

We cannot allow the left to have ANY power over us. We need to be real about our strategy and not just jump in on anything. The left has taken their time, and continue to do so. They are patient and willing to take one step at a time. We need to do the same.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    It repulses me to even think about voting for a demoncrat. That being said, I wouldn`t vote for young again under any circumstances. Once you know one is a viper, it`s unconscionable to extend that hypocrisy. Unfortunately, not voting at all for that race solves nothing either. As hard as it would be to vote for a lib, it may have to be done to get the RINO out. Republicans have to either support us and the party platform, or they have got to simply be gone.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    You seem to believe it will be close.

It will not be.

Young, despite all the ******** and moaning about him (even by folks here), he will be re-elected by a large margin.

Much of that is attributable to the point that you illustrate.."If I don't cast my vote for this *******, another ******* might win".

Why disparage some who vote for an alternative that more closely aligns with their opinions, values, and beliefs?

Indiana is a "very reliable" state. It will not get any easier from here on out to do so.
    If the POS wins again, it won`t be from any help I`ll give him.

Prowler1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2016
    Bloomington
    I'm totally disappointed with Todd Young and fed up with his I'm the Senator and I know what I'm talking about mindset. He
    has been in the Senate too long and he has been turned into a DC legislator. That's what happened to Dick Lugar and Frank
    McClosky. You can say that Mr. Young has become part of the RINO, Republican In Name Only, clan. After investigating what
    James Sceniak stands for, I have no reservations voting for him. I'll vote for Sceniak.

Top Bottom