Anyone else considering voting Sceniak after Young showed us his true colors?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Correct! The Senate is so important look at the SCOTUS and where we could be right now if not for having the majority during the Trump years. We need a real majority there to keep us safe. vote for "bipartisan" gun control bills that continue the erosion of our 2nd and 4th amendment rights.
    FTFY

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Because there’s always a democrat waiting in the wings during elections, the only time we can safely eliminate a RINO is during the Republican primary. That’s only my opinion, of course.
    That can't happen because the national party bosses won't allow it.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I think I'm done voting for anyone at this point. The D are scumbags, most of the R's are scumbags. Both tax us to death and in it for themselves to get rich. The GOP only gets the people they can control (blackmail). If I keep voting for scumbags whats going to change. I should of voted Rainwater last election and still kicking myself for being a idiot. If I vote it won't be neither of the parties. And I'm sick of people saying I'm wasting my vote.....maybe your wasting your vote. The debt keeps climbing...tell me again which party is stopping it...in fact it looks like the R are wasting more $$$ when in power than the D the last 40 years. Maybe if enough got on board and stopped voting R and D we might do better. But thats just wasting a vote....vote the guy thats going to spend more $$$ and more $$$ until what.....? At least when it hits the fan you can be glad you didn't waste your vote all those years....? I feel like all I have done is waste my vote...the only time I felt really good was write in another candidate when Romney vs Barry happened. Guy at work said I wasted my vote. At least I have a clear conscience before God I told him. Its all rigged and until enough people on both sides wake up, they keeping it rigged. Look at Indiana right now, Super majority for how many years as R....and right now they don't have a clue what to do with the abortion decision.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think I'm done voting for anyone at this point. The D are scumbags, most of the R's are scumbags. Both tax us to death and in it for themselves to get rich. The GOP only gets the people they can control (blackmail). If I keep voting for scumbags whats going to change. I should of voted Rainwater last election and still kicking myself for being a idiot. If I vote it won't be neither of the parties. And I'm sick of people saying I'm wasting my vote.....maybe your wasting your vote. The debt keeps climbing...tell me again which party is stopping it...in fact it looks like the R are wasting more $$$ when in power than the D the last 40 years. Maybe if enough got on board and stopped voting R and D we might do better. But thats just wasting a vote....vote the guy thats going to spend more $$$ and more $$$ until what.....? At least when it hits the fan you can be glad you didn't waste your vote all those years....? I feel like all I have done is waste my vote...the only time I felt really good was write in another candidate when Romney vs Barry happened. Guy at work said I wasted my vote. At least I have a clear conscience before God I told him. Its all rigged and until enough people on both sides wake up, they keeping it rigged. Look at Indiana right now, Super majority for how many years as R....and right now they don't have a clue what to do with the abortion decision.

not voting, is still a vote
    a non decision, is still a decision

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    Democrats and republicans are going down the same path. One is walking and one is running but I don't like the path.
    I see firearms rights as a gateway issue. If a candidate doesn't support the 2A they won't get my vote.

Based on Young's support for the recent bill and his wishy-washy statements on 2A rights I've lost confidence in him. If a ban were to come up I don't know how he would vote.

That leaves the libertarian candidate. I'll support Sceniak and encourage others to do so. He supports the 2A and is on a different path then the Rs and Ds. I don't see that as a wasted vote. And, when Young is reelected (which he will be) and perhaps votes for a ban I'll know I did nothing to help him.

Ideally he would loose in the primary but that isn't realistic in this state.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    When it comes to voting, where in the world do adults get the idea that there will ever be a perfect choice? Or even good choices often?

IMO, those that expect instant gratification from voting are always going to be disappointed and are frequently prone to harming the goals they support if they give in to frustration and cast "protest" votes. While it may feel good at times to p*** away one's vote in a fit of pique or to proclaim one's virtue while avoiding a tough choice, is there any real virtue in doing harm to your own goals? As much as we detest the Left, we need to learn a few things from them, chief among those being focused on the long term goal and being relentless in the pursuit of those goals. Not every vote is going to be about being on offense, pushing an advantage or creating one, some are going to be about limiting damage and living to vote another day.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Protest votes probably defeated Trump. If the senate were controlled by D's this go-around, we would be looking by AR bans, full-capacity magazine bans and more. I've been married a long, long time and my wife and I don't agree on everything. Voting for a libertarian is a vote for the D's.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What, really, is the difference between a slimy Rino of an R and a straight up despicable D in the Senate?

It seems Young is only Republican enough (?) to keep getting the R voters away from voting in a Demoncrat.

I completely agree with him being part of the uniparty--part of the scum that makes DC a swamp in the first place.
    The difference is almost all of those RINO’s I despise so much did vote for those justices that rendered the very important SCOTUS decisions recently. So there is that…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Democrats and republicans are going down the same path. One is walking and one is running but I don't like the path.
    I see firearms rights as a gateway issue. If a candidate doesn't support the 2A they won't get my vote.

Based on Young's support for the recent bill and his wishy-washy statements on 2A rights I've lost confidence in him. If a ban were to come up I don't know how he would vote.

That leaves the libertarian candidate. I'll support Sceniak and encourage others to do so. He supports the 2A and is on a different path then the Rs and Ds. I don't see that as a wasted vote. And, when Young is reelected (which he will be) and perhaps votes for a ban I'll know I did nothing to help him.

Ideally he would loose in the primary but that isn't realistic in this state.
    I support the 2A even more than Sceniak, will you write in my name? I mean if you are going to vote for someone based solely off this criteria I am a far better choice. I will vote to repeal NFA and all gun control. Vote for me, I have as good a chance of winning as Sceniak…

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I sure do, but not even near the top of the priority list right now. And those that cannot see that are blinded…
    You think anyone that doesn't agree with your position on any subject is blind or some such. We all have to support the NRA. We all have to vote Republican for every office. What we all are is screwed.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    While it may feel good at times to p*** away one's vote in a fit of pique or to proclaim one's virtue while avoiding a tough choice, is there any real virtue in doing harm to your own goals?
    And what is the remedy when voting for the lessor of two evils also leads to doing harm to your own goals?

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    I support the 2A even more than Sceniak, will you write in my name? I mean if you are going to vote for someone based solely off this criteria I am a far better choice. I will vote to repeal NFA and all gun control. Vote for me, I have as good a chance of winning as Sceniak…

I might. Support for 2A is simply the pre-qualifier for my vote. After that I look at which one is more supportive of smaller government and the better leader. How do you compare to Sceniak on those topics?

Top Bottom