Anyone buy Kirkland branded canned chicken?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Eh, it always cost me at min $100 when I walk into costco, so yeah that $1.50 hot dog and a drink or that piece of pizza can get expensive. That's what I figured was meant by $150 hotdogs.
    I really save on my prescriptions there. I only buy the bulk items that I really use and usually save quite a bit over Kroger’s or even Walmart. Their Member’s Mark brand of products are often produced by well know companies are a real value. I don’t normally buy milk or eggs there because Kroger’s usually has a better price. But that’s one of the great things about America, you can shop where you like, at least for the time being.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I use canned chicken for quick and easy fajitas. Mixed in with peppers, onion and fajita mix on top of tortillas that have been heated on a flat top. Add fixins and you have a true treat when you don't feel like slaving over a hot grill. I made these for my kids some since I was a single dad with custody.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Better get in line now at sams club with the pumpkin pie if you want to be somewhat on time for thanksgiving dinner this year.

The lines are the reason we switched and never looked back.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I really save on my prescriptions there. I only buy the bulk items that I really use and usually save quite a bit over Kroger’s or even Walmart. Their Member’s Mark brand of products are often produced by well know companies are a real value. I don’t normally buy milk or eggs there because Kroger’s usually has a better price. But that’s one of the great things about America, you can shop where you like, at least for the time being.
    I wasn't saying it like it's a bad thing. It's just a fact for me. I love costco

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Potted Meat.jpg

We've had the Costco and Sam's brand, can't tell any difference between the them. Other than making chicken salad, I will use it for a quick stove-top chicken noodle casserole.

I have looked into canning my own, just gotta find a good price on chicken.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I wasn't saying it like it's a bad thing. It's just a fact for me. I love costco
    No worries. Some stuff I look at and say to myself “who could ever use that much XYZ”. Like I said I get my prescriptions and then mostly bulk items. I get the burger and divide into 1 lb bags, flatten and freeze, bananas, apples, cheese and a few other fresh items. Oh, and their dog food is good too.
    I also use the Scan n Go and never have to stand in the lines anymore, great idea!!!!

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Pro tip: Get one of the rotisserie chickens in a grocery deli and use it for chicken salad. I doubt you'll ever go back to canned (unless in a survival situation).

Thats what we do. I will buy 3 chickens, put them in the fridge overnight and pull the meat off of them.

I will then split it up, vacuum seal them and freeze them. Works great for chicken salad.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    A follow up to get us back on track, fellas... :):

Cans feel more like aluminum rather than tin or steel. Bought these items this past weekend and the expiration date is 2026, so I'll add several more to the stash next time.

Made chicken tacos for lunch just now and the chicken was superb. As good as any canned chicken I've had before, so I'm going to shut up about the can's rigidity! :D

Lpherr

Occupied

Cans feel more like aluminum rather than tin or steel. Bought these items this past weekend and the expiration date is 2026, so I'll add several more to the stash next time.

Made chicken tacos for lunch just now and the chicken was superb. As good as any canned chicken I've had before, so I'm going to shut up about the can's rigidity! :D
    Since when does anything stay on track at INGO? :):

Maybe they are recycled Bud Light cans?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon

I don’t drink soda anymore, we’ll sort of a Root Beer fan but only in glass bottles, but I’ll have one occasionally and the newer cans are extremely thin aluminum. They’re so thin that they can be easily dented by just holding them.
    I never thought of using the chicken for tacos! Sounds good. I use more tuna than chicken and to make enough tuna salad for 2-3 sandwiches needs 2 cans. The chicken comes in a bigger can so I might try to make some chicken tacos this afternoon! :)

Top Bottom