Anyone buy Kirkland branded canned chicken?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Nope..I refuse to shop at Costco. They're incredibly antigun.

Then I better not tell them I carry my PPKS everytime I am in their store. Well, at least I did, before that tragic boating accident.

rainn-wilson.gif

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't know nothin' about no pumpkin pies, but my sweet potato pecan pie will make you smack yo' mama! Standard pie crust lined with crushed praline pecans, pretty much standard pecan pie recipe filling, then rimmed with regular pecan halves around the edge of the crust. :thumbsup:

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    335   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    We buy chicken breasts when they’re on sale for $2.99 and can them ourselves. Really easy to do and you can season them any way you want before putting them in the pantry.

Better than any canned chicken I’ve had for sure.

Last edited:

PastorOfMuppets

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2018
    Michigan City
    I just bought a six-pack of canned chicken from Costco...Kirkland brand. Price was attractive for the size of the cans compared to Walmart, Meijer, etc. Basically 75 oz (12.5 oz per can) for $16.

I haven't tried it yet, but the cans themselves seem a little thin. By that I mean, the cans seem to be made of a thin metal...squeezable to some degree. I tried to squeeze some other cans I had on hand (beans, vegetables, etc.) and they seemed more squeeze resistant.

Anyone else have this experience?
    I just bought a six-pack of canned chicken from Costco...Kirkland brand. Price was attractive for the size of the cans compared to Walmart, Meijer, etc. Basically 75 oz (12.5 oz per can) for $16.

I haven't tried it yet, but the cans themselves seem a little thin. By that I mean, the cans seem to be made of a thin metal...squeezable to some degree. I tried to squeeze some other cans I had on hand (beans, vegetables, etc.) and they seemed more squeeze resistant.

Anyone else have this experience?
    Its pretty good stuff. We prefer to drain off the liquid in the can. It can be a bit salty.

Loco179

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    We buy chicken breasts when they’re on sale for $2.99 and can them ourselves. Really easy to do and you can season them any way you want before putting them in the pantry.

Better than any canned chicken I’ve had for sure.

Value Market ( https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100064186231487 ) has chicken breasts every week for 2.99 a pound. I picked 10 lbs up at Don's for 1.99 lb.

Care to share your recipe?

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    335   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Value Market ( https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100064186231487 ) has chicken breasts every week for 2.99 a pound. I picked 10 lbs up at Don's for 1.99 lb.

Care to share your recipe?
    I cold pack jars tightly, add 1tsp of THIS (standard chicken broth works if you don't have an asian market near by), then fill with boiling water to 1/2" below the lid. Knock the bubbles out with a long butter knife (around the edges and through the center - VERY important), add additional water as needed, and then pressure can at 15lbs for 90mins. Allow to normalize for 25 mins, DON'T rush it or the liquid will purge the jar and everything is wasted.

This makes great chicken salad, chicken parm, or just meat for the dogs. It keeps for (as I've used it) three years in a cellar without light.

YMMV but I've used this recipe for ten years and it's always been great.

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    Love the idea of doing it your self, but this stuff is also awesome. Lucky enough to live sorta close to them. Buy it by the case when ever I can.

Attachments

• beef-25oz__81592.jpg
      beef-25oz__81592.jpg
      179.6 KB · Views: 1
    • chicken-27oz__30381.jpg
      chicken-27oz__30381.jpg
      184.1 KB · Views: 1
    Top Bottom