• ...and so much more!
  • 1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    The detachable mags thing was just starting to come online back when I was tinkering with mine. There was a guy working on it but it looked like it was never going to happen. Sounds like things changed.

I had wanted to, but I never cut mine down and crowned it, which I'm sort of happy about in retrospect. Didn't tap the rear rail either. Just clamped scope rings to it. I'm sure it's not robust, but short of the damage to the finish from the torch to melt the silver solder out of the rear sight, mine could be put back to original if someone really wanted. I stopped before "Full Bubba" set in. ;)

I do wonder what a sporter sells for these days. Maybe there isn't a value penalty at all?
    It's a preference thing. I wouldn't have done it if it were all matching parts. When I went to sell I still got around $325 for it.

Tims87gn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Floyds Knobs
    I'm jealous. Would love a Finn.

Does anyone remember the website of the lady that had the MASSIVE cache of Mosins for sale? She was in NY state, I believe. Always sent really dry emails and used ALLCAPS alot...great inventory and always came through, but was possibly the most awkward communicator in gun-selling history!

EDIT: It was Pat Burns...thank you Duck Duck Go!

Website does not seem to be alive these days, but it was always a trip to see what she had.

PAT BURNS
    PERSONAL COLLECTION
    FORMER INVENTORY OF A WHOLESALE COMPANY
    P.O. BOX 866 AQUEBOGUE, NY 11931
    E-MAIL: finnishm39@yahoo.com
    M-39 FINNISH RIFLES
    CALIBER 7.62X54R
    Yes, If I remember correct, Pat sold a large portion of the collection to Classic Firearms years back that touched off a big Finn buying spree. Prices went way up and have moderated since then. I got into them when they were going for $275-$300

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Love both of mine! Have two M44's that I picked up in 2007, and paid $88 for them. Both of them have matching serial numbers on all parts. At 100 yards they both easily shoot minute of man. I am one of those crazy ones that really enjoys a good kick out of rifle and these have that. They both came with cleaning kits, oil cans and a couple of ammo pouches. The store had a bunch of crates of them and the owner told me to pick out whichever one I wanted (so I grabbed two). I also reload the ammo. Both barrels rifling are drilled back about 1/2" from the crown.

The M44 in the photo below is kind of cool as it was actually made in 1943.

mosin_small.jpg

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I'm jealous. Would love a Finn.

Does anyone remember the website of the lady that had the MASSIVE cache of Mosins for sale? She was in NY state, I believe. Always sent really dry emails and used ALLCAPS alot...great inventory and always came through, but was possibly the most awkward communicator in gun-selling history!

EDIT: It was Pat Burns...thank you Duck Duck Go!

Website does not seem to be alive these days, but it was always a trip to see what she had.

PAT BURNS
    PERSONAL COLLECTION
    FORMER INVENTORY OF A WHOLESALE COMPANY
    P.O. BOX 866 AQUEBOGUE, NY 11931
    E-MAIL: finnishm39@yahoo.com
    M-39 FINNISH RIFLES
    CALIBER 7.62X54R

IIRC Classic Firearms bought them out.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Even at today's pricing, it's tough to beat for the firepower you're getting. Its impossible to beat at 10 years ago pricing. Mine is at no risk of going anywhere.

Call me a butcher, but I took the rear sight off of mine and mounted a pistol scope on it. I didn't see it tripling in value in 3 years, but I still don't feel bad about it. I do feel bad about not getting around to buying a second one.

Oh well.
    Those days gone by of cheap 54r ammo was what really got me into centerfire rifles, good times.. You're right though you can still find very reasonable priced steel case 54r ammo for about 13 to 14 bucks a box online. In todays climate that's extremely reasonable..

Same here I stuck a scout scope on mine also. I can still put the factory irons back on it need be so I'm not to worried about it. Does make it a bit more fun to shoot with an optic.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    We still love and shoot our Mosin. Ammo is no problem as we reload for this old trooper. Still getting at least 2” groups offhand at 100 yards. What’s not to like?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Kyllä, liian kauan. Mitä aiomme tehdä kaikkien näiden bubbojen kanssa? Kolmen rivin kiväärien pilaaminen!
    Kun tämä pandemia on ohi, meidän on pidettävä tapaaminen Rick'sissä.
    Kyllä, sir John, kun tämä pandemia on ohi, meidän on tavattava Rick's, ja saatettava muutamat muut INGO: n kosmoliiniarmastajat paikalle.

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    I have a 91, a 91 sniper, a 44, and, even though not a Mosin, an SVT-40 original sniper.
    The one I really want is a Sako 39, preferably a Finn.
    Pop a limbsaver on the back and these things are a blast to shoot.

Top Bottom