• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    Equities are on sale, thinking or transferring some bond funds into stock, namely small value. Any intelligent thoughts?

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I wouldn't invest in small speculative stocks right now, because of what most feel is a coming collapse per Biden's domestic and foreign policies.
    I don't know that I'd be in bonds right now either, because returns are so low. Might be good just to be in cash for a while.

I'm not a financial advisor, and tend to be very conservative. If you do get in to stocks, diversification is the name of the game. Diversify among several sectors.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Equities are on sale, thinking or transferring some bond funds into stock, namely small value. Any intelligent thoughts?
    S&P just went through its 200 day moving average. There is essentially no floor on this downturn right now. I would wait until it comes back through that level to get back in. That is plenty of time and will not cost you that much in potential gains while eliminating the possibility you ride a new investment down another 10 or 12%

mbkintner

Up the Irons
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Behind You
    S&P just went through its 200 day moving average. There is essentially no floor on this downturn right now. I would wait until it comes back through that level to get back in. That is plenty of time and will not cost you that much in potential gains while eliminating the possibility you ride a new investment down another 10 or 12%

As long as you don't sell after the drop...there's no difference between buying now and riding that 10% or 12% down then back-up vs. buying after it comes back up.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Do it in measured amounts, nothing drastic.
    Interest is going up....who knows how high.
    Remember, when interest is low stocks will grow. When interest is high stocks will die.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    My risk tolerance is not that high, and I've been on edge about the market for awhile now. I'm doing my normal thing, but putting a bit more toward power companies and blue chips that sell things that are essentially commodities, since prices on commodities are much easier to adjust to inflation. People can stop buying luxury goods when they get expensive, but soap and soup are still going to sell. I've been sniffing around a few REITs as well, mostly those centered on commercial or health care related properties.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Do you mean small cap?

I have no idea where you are when it comes to time till retirement, where these investments are (e.g. IRA, Roth IRA, etc.), what you're going to buy (a few stocks, or a small cap index fund), what your risk tolerance is, what other investments you have, etc., etc.

Plus, I don't have a crystal ball.

The best I can say is, "maybe".

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Looks like some support at 4300, but I wouldn't bet on it holding. More likely an artifact of programmed trading. Tune in about 3:30 to watch it sell off and burn the 'buy the dip' dips yet again

Top Bottom