• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crandall Crank

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2017
    Southern IN
    Haven't heard too much about the "long" term reviews and opinions of the Wranglers. Many of the earlier ones reportedly had sight alignment/POI issues. What about timing, stretch, durability of finish and other issues? I realize this is a plinker, not a target grade weapon.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I've put a brick through mine, trigger has gotten better with use. I only dry fire with snap-caps so no dimpling of cylinder with mine. Wrangler is over-built for .22lr, I predict a lifetime of service.

So far so good.

Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    I will not show a picture of mine on here, because it looks horrible now. That being said it shoots great, has ridden on my hip or on my four wheeler s lot. It has about 1500 rounds through it. Well worth the money.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I will not show a picture of mine on here, because it looks horrible now. That being said it shoots great, has ridden on my hip or on my four wheeler s lot. It has about 1500 rounds through it. Well worth the money.
    A well worn in gun with scars can be a beautiful thing. I'd rather look at a picture of one with hard use than a new unfired one...

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I am very interested in one with the birds head grip and wood panels, But seems to be in hiding. Glad to hear they are holding up well. Kinda normal for Ruger revolvers.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The one I have I picked up for $100 bill. The gun shoots about 4” to the left at 10 yards. My buddy said no bueno and sold it to me. It is a fun blaster to bang steel plates and makes all ammo go boom. I have friends who say their wranglers shoot spot on.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I still need to pick up one of these: fun plinker, and a (I think?) a good choice to transition my girls from long gun to handgun.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Friend and I went to the range today. I have the bronze, he has the one that came with the leather holster. Both of them shot great, no problems at all. We tried Remington & Federal bulk and both did well. Both guns liked the Remington Golden Bullet better. We were shooting at some 4" and 2" steel spinner targets from RK at about 12 yards. Both guns shot pretty much to POA. Next time out will be with his new Henry 22. Picked it up at China-Mart on the way to the range. He wanted to get a scope mounted and check it out a bit before trying it out.

I really like my Wrangler, and as soon as I can find one I'll have the birdhead grip as well. I'll probably end up with a Henry too after I shoot his.
    :spend:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Picked up a bronze wirh wood grips model right when they came out. Actually first one I had seen in wild and happened to be at store when they were putting it in case, told them to just ring it up. At this point have probably 2k through it with no problems and poa and poi seem to be right on

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    My son's wouldnt stabilize certain ammo. It didn't like armscor or Remington golden bullets...they were keyholing at the target. I sent it back to Ruger and they had it for a month...ended up replacing the entire gun. The new one seemed better, but the last time we had it out it out I got some more keyholes from the Remington Golden's....which sucks because I have a big bucket of them.

I know that the golden bullets are some of the cheapest junk out there, and the answer is to just feed it stuff that it likes. But my single-six shoots them just fine, as does my S&W Model 63. I'm kinda wishing I'd encouraged him to save a bit longer and get a single-six. Cutting corners and buying the cheapest thing possible usually tends to bite you in the butt.

seagullplayer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    Crawford Co
    Mine has been a dandy, it's my woods gun. It replaces my old heritage Texan I bought in the 80's.
    It seems like a very solid gun. I like that I can carry with six.
    I put wood grips on it, I think it looks and shoots better than a $200 gun should.

I would love a single six, but for what I use it for, its hard for me to justify the cost difference.
    So far it has shot everything I have put in it. It does smooth out with a little shooting.
    I also left mine unloaded and cocked for a couple days when I first got it. To my senses it helped
    smooth the hammer pull out. Some have complained about the loading gate being stiff, but mine never had that issue.

Frontiersman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    East Central Indiana
    All of it smooths out with use. Though I had no trouble out of the box. The spray on finish can make them rub in a couple different places, especially the loading gate. A drop of oil helps until it breaks in. My oldest one has gone through most of a bucket of Golden's. No issues yet.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    My stiff loading gate issue smoothed out and eased up with time.

The only negative I put on this gun is the narrow front sight blade that can be tough to see with my aging eyes in lower light.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My stiff loading gate issue smoothed out and eased up with time.

The only negative I put on this gun is the narrow front sight blade that can be tough to see with my aging eyes in lower light.

Regarding the front sight. It is easily adjustable for windage. All it takes is a good pair of small vise grips. Just make sure to bend it the correct direction.

Top Bottom