Any unusual, odd or funny features on your property?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    About the only thing odd about my property is that the back yard used to be the front yard. The street it is on wasn't there when the house was. The "alley" behind my house is the street it was on, and it's still a street. Which is nice in the winter because since it's a street they plow it before the alleys.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    145   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Not my property, but a buddy’s ‘family farm’ over in MO we go shoot at. He and his b were out messing around by their pond when they were kids. The found some old bricks and got shovels and started digging. They found he remnants of a kiln. Made from hand made bricks. The took some of the bricks to their dad and he told them that the old house on the property (too far gone to be habitable) was made from bricks they made themselves on the farm. The pond is the hole where they dup the clay to make the bricks! It really is a family farm, as they have been there since well before the civil war. Pretty neat to have so much family history in the place you live every day!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    According to my mom, records exist that A) 1 of their rental houses is the oldest in that township of their county, and B) was a stop on the Underground Railroad.

I've not seen the library records, but she says that she has. Beacon Schneider says the oldest part of the house was constructed in 1840. I suppose it's plausible.

On their actual residential property, which is around the corner from this rental house/farm, there rots part of an old Ford vehicle. Just one of the axles and a wheel. Probably scavanged many many moons ago to make a cart/wagon of some kind.

My folks are just about to sell the old house and part of the farm, though. That means I won't be able to do any metal detecting.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I have been meaning to take a metal detector to my property.
    Our westernmost property line is actually the raised berm that was the tow-path for the Wabash-Erie canal.

There has to be buried treasure there of some kind.
    Problem is, the ground is almost always soaking wet.

We also have a few trees with cryptic carvings on them.
    Pics! Also I have access to a metal detector.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I know of part of the old Vincennes Buffalo trace that you can still plainly see, if you know where to look for it in the woods. I'd pretty much guarantee the whole length is littered with both natural and man made artifacts.

Top Bottom