• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dante1983

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2021
    I joined one a few years ago. And they want us to vote Democrat. Personally I'm a libertarian, I just wish they'd give us some decent candidates. I mentioned what I did for a living at a gun store and the clerk got all weird on me, it finally dawned on me why and we ended up having a political discussion before he started acting normal again. Any other union guys deal with this? Like, I want a good paycheck, but I don't agree with their affiliations?

rickyblaze

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    I was in the IAFF (International Association of Fire Fighters) for 25 years. They always pushed the Democrat agenda, surprisingly enough from what our local observed, was that the majority of the other unions we encountered is most of us were on the Republican side. Still the higher union officials pushed the Democrat candidate.
    I was at a union convention while Buttedge was in the running for president. The state president was pushing him in a speech, I was so disappointed in the way he was pushing him I wanted out of the union that day.
    Later that day talking to other union members it seemed we all were a bit tiffed at the way Buttedge was being pushed. Needless to say, it seemed there were a vast number of us firefighters that felt the same way.
    It wasn't long after that, the union body made their feelings heard to the top. The firefighters made sure we were heard and the top didn't like it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I spent many years in a union, a good one at the time, but it appeared to me that a foundation was built that to rise in the ranks of union leadership you must support the dems, but in reality no one knew why. It has become just another case of “that’s the way we have always done it”. Some will say corruption but we all know that is on both sides of the isle.

It appears to me that the union system has been built, supporting dems is the way to rise, and the leadership has been insulated from the changes on the ground the members see and must live with…

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Times have changed, back in the day a democrat presidential candidate saying she was going to put a lot of coal miners out of work was unimaginable. Unions need to pick and choose where they put their support these days, not just pull blue levers. Union leadership should be looking out for the people they represent.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was in the IAFF (International Association of Fire Fighters) for 25 years. They always pushed the Democrat agenda, surprisingly enough from what our local observed, was that the majority of the other unions we encountered is most of us were on the Republican side. Still the higher union officials pushed the Democrat candidate.
    I was at a union convention while Buttedge was in the running for president. The state president was pushing him in a speech, I was so disappointed in the way he was pushing him I wanted out of the union that day.
    Later that day talking to other union members it seemed we all were a bit tiffed at the way Buttedge was being pushed. Needless to say, it seemed there were a vast number of us firefighters that felt the same way.
    It wasn't long after that, the union body made their feelings heard to the top. The firefighters made sure we were heard and the top didn't like it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    As with any self centered power monger they all too often forget who they work for and what is paying the light bill.
    Ego.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    Now retired , but spent 24 years in the Carpenters Union . Never once voted Democrat and it was never any of their business .
    You will find that most tradesmen don`t think or vote the way the union wants them to .
    We had one guy out of about 20 on a particular job that was a Die Hard Dem . The others shared their thoughts with him at times and he went off shouting " He was in a Hostile Environment " .......almost got the entire crew replaced .
    Best to keep your thoughts to yourself nowadays .

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Now retired , but spent 24 years in the Carpenters Union . Never once voted Democrat and it was never any of their business .
    You will find that most tradesmen don`t think or vote the way the union wants them to .
    We had one guy out of about 20 on a particular job that was a Die Hard Dem . The others shared their thoughts with him at times and he went off shouting " He was in a Hostile Environment " .......almost got the entire crew replaced .
    Best to keep your thoughts to yourself nowadays .
    And there you have it in a nutshell.
    Those jack asses and freaking nuts.
    Petulant children masquerading in adult meat suits.

Yup, I said it.

I grew up in a Dem ran family. Both sides. With this insight I have come to believe it when friends say being a Democrat is a social disorder and borderline mental illness.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I get emails from Local 150 all the time telling us how they want us to vote, etc. We get fliers in the mail. They make great fire starters for when I burn the trash. Emails get deleted.

None of their business how we vote. Hubby put in his time, paid his dues and now has a decent pension with good insurance. It was a job to him. He didn't go to meetings because he got tired of them pushing Democrat crap on them.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I joined one a few years ago. And they want us to vote Democrat. Personally I'm a libertarian, I just wish they'd give us some decent candidates. I mentioned what I did for a living at a gun store and the clerk got all weird on me, it finally dawned on me why and we ended up having a political discussion before he started acting normal again. Any other union guys deal with this? Like, I want a good paycheck, but I don't agree with their affiliations?
    My nephew is union, but very conservative and constitutional minded. He has to pay dues which he says goes right to the DNC without their permission or vote. They have no say in the matter. He told me the union he's in the majority votes Republican. I harass him for fun e every once in awhile :):

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Local 877 here. I tell 'em to pack that Dem stuff up their keister. Too many patriots in my factory for that left leaning org to get any votes from my perspective of the sitrep.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    My nephew is union, but very conservative and constitutional minded. He has to pay dues which he says goes right to the DNC without their permission or vote. They have no say in the matter. He told me the union he's in the majority votes Republican. I harass him for fun e every once in awhile :):

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    After Marines and college I have been a Registered Nurse my whole career. The system mandates you to have gone to college and passed testing to become registered, I did that, no biggie. They also realize most of the people who would be proficient in that type a job tend to be free thinkers.

No hospital/nursing service I ever worked for in 40 years ever wished free thinkers that much power in bargaining or arbitration. In over 200 years all of 'nursing' is concerned with is entry level achievement, not pursuit of excellence.

Normal employment rules do not even apply to nurses. You know that 15 minute break away from the work place for every 4 hours workers are supposed to be entitled? Never happened. Just being spelled to take lunch was maybe a once a week reward. If someone was stupid enough to try and pull off a 36 hour shift, no one would talk about liability or decreased performance, the ruling class would pat you on the back and give you a 'sticky' to put on your name badge, all for placing your patients and license at risk.

Without exception, if the administration calls a mandatory meeting, it is to tell you that they are taking away that feeble little dime you have and they are going to replace it with this huge Nickle! Then they want you to line up to kiss their butt and call it ice cream.

Fine memories. If you think I stuck it out for over 4 decades for the compensation, you would be wrong. If you aren't in it to help people you will only amount to a flash in the pan...

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Things will never change until one decides that change must happen. Keeping quiet to preserve one's self will never change the status quo.
    Former member of UAW, UMW, UDW... I left and told them why. I've never suffered from my decision. Balls are sometimes hard to grow.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Been in the union building trades for decades and the hot air that blows outta my mouth melts the **** out of my snowflake co-workers.
    FWIW, most of these same liberal crybabies enjoy their 2nd amendment rights, steady employment at a fair wage and other assorted benefits and rights not supported by the Democratic party.
    Yet they yell the DNC battle cry at nauseam while they bitch about gas prices, lame-ass MSM and being forced to take the Coof jab...................idiots!
    I vote how I vote, I'll tell anyone who asks how I vote and don't give 2 shats how my union expects me to vote.

Top Bottom