• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    :yesway: All's well that ends well. As my mom used to tell me (a lot!)... "Patience little man." :):

That's the thing though right it ended well for me, dirtbags and their car are gone.
    Hopefully it ended well for the folks down the street.

Hopefully next time they think about drinking and driving they'll remember last night and not do it again.

Oh that's right nothing happened to them so they have no incentive to not D&D again.

Oh well hopefully it ends well for whoever they come across next time.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    My reading comprehension is a bit off today, guess maybe it could be from all that alcohol consumed at the lake yesterday. I missed how the Sheriff just happened to show up on a cul-de-sac last evening for an apparently legally parked car in a neighborhood that was previously described by one of his peers as quiet?

I called them.

Our street isn't a through street ( like most city streets) and 99% of the time nobody parks on the street .

When that happens at 11:30 at night it's unusual and suspicious , especially when they turn their lights off and don't turn on their hazzard lights .

For the most part I have good neighbors and we look out for each other.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I've never been LEO but I'm thinking how hard can this be ?

Make contact, see/smell alcohol, conduct field sobriety test , ransack vehicle looking for anything else, arrest dirtbag and do some paperwork.

What am I missing?

Actually, quiet a lot. In our county, the average OWI arrest takes 2.5 hours start to finish. I won't bore you with all the details, but there is a lot of time consuming paperwork, plus more procedure than you mentioned. And it all has to be completed (at least in our county) prior to being released back onto patrol.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have an LED floodlight over my driveway that is on 24/7/365. I replace the bulb about once a year. I recommend something similar.

Have you considered adding a dusk to dawn photocell to the light? That way you arent paying to light up the day.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    A friend of mine got a three pedal 55 Chevy with a 327 as his first car when he turned 16. Saved his money and bought it himself. He was so excited about the car he honked and waved at everybody he met. He became know as “Beeper” even to this day at 60 years old he’s called “Beeper”

Well beeper was doing a little hot rodding out in the country and the 55 got away from him. He ended up stuck in a field. He walked to the nearest farm house and rang the doorbell. The lights came on and the old farmer came to the door with a gruff look on his face.

Beeper asked the farmer if he’d pull him out with his tractor. The old farmer said “Nope, I’m not pulling you out. I heard you racing your motor up, and you got no business being out here anyway”

As the old farmer was shutting the door Beeper said “I hope one of your grandkids are never in this same situation”. The old farmer stopped closing the door and said “Let me get my boots on and fire up my tractor”

We have all done stupid stuff, but Karma has a way of showing back up to cash that check we wrote years ago.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom