Any places to shoot outside near Marion in? (grant county)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    61   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    most ranges will not let you use tannerite,and a lot are even disallowing steel too, insurance is a killer as prices have skyrocketed and there are a lot of people just looking for a reason to shutdown ranges and or sue or both

mrobison90

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    I sure miss shooting on blm land..
    Looking for a place I could take the family to, without having to switch off sitting in the vehicle with the little one.

Kernelkrink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2016
    grant county
    The only local outdoor range is Deer Creek over in Jonesboro, they have steel but I doubt Tannerite is allowed. Have to be a member, it's privately owned but they like money so it's not hard to get in.

The FOP also has a range, I don't know if anyone besides cops or their family/guests can use it but you could ask. (765) 668-8294.

Beyond that, I would make friends with someone who lives outside a town and has some acreage. Tannerite tends to annoy the neighbors, but to some folks that would be a plus. :)

Last time I was at Roush was before the renovation. First thing I noticed were the concrete baffles were shot up more than a building in Beirut during the 80s! Might explain the grumpy RO... Nice range though. Need to get back there sometime.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    I like Roush, RO was probably Grumpy because folks don't follow the Rules. I was there one afternoon when a guy did a Mag Dump with an AK. The RO turned on the Red Lights and went and explained that wasn't allowed. The guy got mouthy and condescending. RO never lost his composure.

mrobison90

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    The only local outdoor range is Deer Creek over in Jonesboro, they have steel but I doubt Tannerite is allowed. Have to be a member, it's privately owned but they like money so it's not hard to get in.

The FOP also has a range, I don't know if anyone besides cops or their family/guests can use it but you could ask. (765) 668-8294.

Beyond that, I would make friends with someone who lives outside a town and has some acreage. Tannerite tends to annoy the neighbors, but to some folks that would be a plus. :)

Last time I was at Roush was before the renovation. First thing I noticed were the concrete baffles were shot up more than a building in Beirut during the 80s! Might explain the grumpy RO... Nice range though. Need to get back there sometime.
    Yeah $125 a year. Still not bad. Give or take what you'd pay at roushe if you went twice a month it's where I ended up. No tannerite but they've got a full auto range

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I like DCCC. It's a nice set-up.

The new officers are really building it up to be a modern site.

Lot's of steel, lots of bays. They did have some people that were brass scroungers. Not members I guess but would come in and glean the brass after people left. I think that has stopped now, but you have to have your card on you and visible at all times.

I was using it three times a week for a long while, but life has caused that to slow to a halt.

mrobison90

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    I like DCCC. It's a nice set-up.

The new officers are really building it up to be a modern site.

Lot's of steel, lots of bays. They did have some people that were brass scroungers. Not members I guess but would come in and glean the brass after people left. I think that has stopped now, but you have to have your card on you and visible at all times.

I was using it three times a week for a long while, but life has caused that to slow to a halt.
    Yeah, only way to really stop that is have security or someone checking people. In

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Don't want that at all. The main reason I like the place is I can go be by myself and do what I want to do.

Just a shame that some asshats ruin it, or cause changes.

Top Bottom