• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Just curious if anyone has any experience and "wisdom" regarding fanny packs for gun conceal. I know there are some posts here but they are old any maybe things have changed?

I'd appreciate your opinion - good or bad!

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have a couple of packs that were made specifically for carry many years ago. They were made by Bianchi I believe. They had a plastic backer embedded in them along with a cutout to fit the gun and a velcro strap. They also had a cord that you pulled to rip open to access the gun.

I haven't used them as a fanny pack for quite some time, but they are nice for keeping the gun separate in a backpack, etc without raising anyone's interest, etc.

Here's an internet picture of one, though mine were just a bit different than this specific picture.
    762242.jpg

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I have a 5.11 fanny pack that carries my Glock 42 as a well as a spare magazine. I use the fanny pack whenever I`m out walking for exercise with the wife, but figure on incorporating it a lot more into daily use.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I have one I use when the family goes to the beach. It looks like a regular pack with pockets but has a velcro sealed pouch that you can pull and get to the firearm. Not my favorite carry method but better than nothing; and I generally don't go swimming with my firearm. I may have gotten it from 'The Sportsman's Guide' years ago.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I got one about 10 years ago. I've only used it a few times, but those times I did, it worked out very well. Only ever needed it when I'm walking around in sketchy areas in gym shorts, and I have no belt on, so I can't wear a holster. Was heading to FL for vacation at tthe time, so I ordered one up. Used it for a couple of vacations. It's the Tommy Gun fanny pack. It's pretty big, and I was packing a G17 with TLR1 at the time. Plenty of room, and very easy to get to the weapon. Getting ready to head down there again Friday. We haven't been on a family vacation in several years, but I'll probably bring it with just in case I somewhere in my nice looking tourist gym shorts... Plus I'm old now, and tuck in my shirts more... I had a "cannon" camera patch sewn on mine to try to disguise it some. Then again, it does hold a "cannon" sort of... Here is a youtube video I found on them. This guy's is exactly like mine, but mine has the patch.

Last edited:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Years ago I got one in camo gifted to me. I added some old blaze orange suspenders and used it hunting for a long time. It was a big one and spent more time holding a couple apples and a sandwich or a pair of Bono’s than a pistol.

When it did it was ok. I think I wore it out over many years.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Generally speaking I just use a holster, but I do have one, and it's the exact one in that video above. I have a "Cannon" (get it? lol) camera patch sewn on it to try and make it look a bit less like a gun bag. Only used it a few times though. So rarely, I don't even know where it is at the moment. Took it to FL twice. Comes in handy when you want to look like a tourist all decked out in your gym shorts, and flip flops... Would be better if it had velcro inside for a holster, but it still worked fine. It's big enough to hold a Glock 17 with a TLR1 securely.

EDIT: LOL... just realized how old this thread is, and that I'm the one who posted the video above...

Tbell7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Aug 21, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I use a "man bag" to carry when I'm hiking/fishing or doing most recreational outdoor activities. I would agree with member THOR, not my FAVORITE carry method however it is better than nothing and more effective in certain scenarios. Plus I've noticed the "man bag" is a new norm. It doesn't stand out alot to people when you carry one with a firearm in today's culture. I carry mine for the practicality not the fashion statement...

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I wear one to church every Sunday with one of my pimp guns in it. It is exactly what you see in post#5. I do not like the buckle right up against the side of the bag which this one has, but I have been too lazy to shop for a replacement...

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    I have one of these, I used it recently to hold shells while rabbit hunting and it was very handy. I think I'll be using it more often when outdoors/traveling to hold various items...

Actually I have a 2nd one that's brand new never worn, due to a mistake I made when ordering. If anyone is interested DM me.

Tbell7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Aug 21, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I have one of these, I used it recently to hold shells while rabbit hunting and it was very handy. I think I'll be using it more often when outdoors/traveling to hold various items...

Actually I have a 2nd one that's brand new never worn, due to a mistake I made when ordering. If anyone is interested DM me.

This one looks nice, straps function ok? What I mean by that is, I have a similar one but it slides all over my body while hiking...

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    This one looks nice, straps function ok? What I mean by that is, I have a similar one but it slides all over my body while hiking...
    Strap functioned fine for me when I used it holding 12ga shells. It's easy to really tighten it down once you have it on to lock it into place.

Top Bottom