• ...and so much more!
  • Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    I use a fanny pack when I am wearing shorts that do not have belt loops e.g., when riding on my recumbent trike.
    I think that most people now wear them in front and not in the back.

Draw times are probably slower than from a holster, but the gun is within easy reach. Also, if I get off the trike for a snack or bathroom break, the gun is still with me.

Last edited:

FNparabellum

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Aug 30, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Just curious if anyone has any experience and "wisdom" regarding fanny packs for gun conceal. I know there are some posts here but they are old any maybe things have changed?

I'd appreciate your opinion - good or bad!
    Not good or bad but anytime Ive done training where the instructor talked about them they always say if you see a fanny pack theres probably a gun in it. So i guess its just predictable. Also they suffer from the same issues as purse carry.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    SOME fanny packs dont have quite the same purse carry issue. Uncle Mikes used to make one that the holster was separate from the storage pouch. It was a velcro closed Kangaroo style pouch behind the actual fanny pack. to draw you grabbed the pack and pushed it down and away from you, opening the holster so you could draw. I havent found one recently that uses that kind of quick access.

Draw speed was about as fast as carrying appendix, or any other method where you have a clearing stroke before the draw.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    SOME fanny packs dont have quite the same purse carry issue. Uncle Mikes used to make one that the holster was separate from the storage pouch. It was a velcro closed Kangaroo style pouch behind the actual fanny pack. to draw you grabbed the pack and pushed it down and away from you, opening the holster so you could draw. I havent found one recently that uses that kind of quick access.

Draw speed was about as fast as carrying appendix, or any other method where you have a clearing stroke before the draw.
    Agreed, the ones I have (and have had in the past) has a rip cord to open the gun specific compartment which houses a "holster" that covers the trigger and has a retention strap and a plastic "backing board". Definitely protects the trigger, etc unlike loose in a purse carry.

Top Bottom