Any one have a large frame revolver made in Knightstown?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I remember back in the 80's and 90's a large frame revolver being made in Knightstown. I was wondering if any body knew of them or actually had one? It would be a neat piece of Indiana history to have.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Weren't they brass framed? I remember it as a huge revolver.
    A buddy and I went into the shop one time and bought a bunch of archery stuff from him, so that would have been in the early 2000's. If memory serves, he had an archery shop as well and was closing that to concentrate on the revolvers or shutting down completely, I can't remember which.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    So in the 80's my dentist was part owner of that company, he practiced in greenfield. He actually did some of the fitting and finishing in the basement of the dentist office building. They were over built, well made and fun. I think the Dentist last name was Majors.

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    I might know a guy that has 2. :cool: The are Century Arms. The bottom one is a model 100 in 45-70. This on was manufactured in the original facility in Evansville. The company, if I remember correctly was owned by 2 brothers. They had a falling out and sold the company to a dentist who I always remember as Greenfield. We went to pick up the 50-70 there. He passed at a young age and as far as I know the company was never purchased. To compare the 50-70 to the 45-70 is like a 44 mag and a 22lr. Lots of fun to shoot.
    Century Arms 500 (2).JPG CenturyArms 100 (2).JPG

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I might know a guy that has 2. :cool: The are Century Arms. The bottom one is a model 100 in 45-70. This on was manufactured in the original facility in Evansville. The company, if I remember correctly was owned by 2 brothers. They had a falling out and sold the company to a dentist who I always remember as Greenfield. We went to pick up the 50-70 there. He passed at a young age and as far as I know the company was never purchased. To compare the 50-70 to the 45-70 is like a 44 mag and a 22lr. Lots of fun to shoot.
    View attachment 208496 View attachment 208497
    No they weren’t brothers
    Earl Keller
    Gene Phelps

Yes they did have a falling out though, from what I understand earl designed it and after the falling out, gene tried to make it it stainless steel.

After earl passed his wife sold the rights to the other company in Indiana (century manufacturing I think was their name)

Interesting bit of trivia for everyone, the original ones built in Evansville had their serial numbers engraved in the by mike dubber, and mike is one of the best ever! Engraving for kings, generals, colt, and more! Google him and have a drool rag ready! You’ll need it!

Top Bottom