Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Nasty stuff:

DUPO 7 Short Magnum

Springs open with 6 nasty blady bits that break off and make their own channels.

Be interesting what it actually would do against a watermelon or gelatin.

Anyone play with this stuff yet?

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    one of the dimmer wits from my work brought in a .410 round that consisted of three discs with 10 bb shots behind them a few days ago. He said it was developed for the judge and similar guns and was so excited he just had to share.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    I was going to say they look like these:
    70539.jpg

...and then I realized its the same company. :facepalm:

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    one of the dimmer wits from my work brought in a .410 round that consisted of three discs with 10 bb shots behind them a few days ago. He said it was developed for the judge and similar guns and was so excited he just had to share.
    I think that's the special self defense stuff that they came out with quite some time ago, iv thought about buying some just to shoot 2 liters with in my old H&R
    trapper.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Sounds like a variation of the old "18 dimes" load from the westerns...

I agree though, this DUPO/HEXOLIT round does look interesting. Sort of reminds me of another really old idea though, I think they called it an arrow?

Last edited:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I finally found a place that had those hexolits for sale and ordered some. haven't fired one yet, though.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    small_dupo7_v2.jpg

Also from the looks of it, you are giving up quite a bit of room that could be used for lead to plastic. I'm not as educated in shotgun ammunition as others here but I would imagine this round would probably have significantly less energy than pretty much any comparable buckshot or slug. Especially considering my previous statement if somebody is wearing a jacket to begin expansion prematurely and the petals make contact parallel with the skin.

:twocents:

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I dont know but 920j which i looked at other rounds and it is about 600ft-lbs of energy, seem to put it in line with 357 mag. i Would love to see some testing with this stuff. i have been thinking about a revolver, this might help me make a decision on which one.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Ok, what we need now are watermelons and cameras. You get the idea.

It is a moral imperative.

Hey Techres - The only thing better than seeing what that will do from a Judge would be seeing what 15 of them will do from a Saiga 410.

I've got the Saiga... :D

Now who's got the ammo?, The watermelons? and the camera??

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    110gr combined with losing quite a bit of energy when the plastic collapsed to expand the petals, makes me wonder just how effective they would be against anything but bare skin. :dunno:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Hey Techres - The only thing better than seeing what that will do from a Judge would be seeing what 15 of them will do from a Saiga 410.

I've got the Saiga... :D

Now who's got the ammo?, The watermelons? and the camera??

Oh, my, my, my. I have images of sabo/spinning blades flying in the air in formation.

That would be awesome!

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Have a look here - looks like the manufacturer of that ammo already started the party for us.... but they're just using a Judge...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb_1YmXBuQA[/ame]

Gratuitous destruction - it's what Saiga's are made for... :D

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    Part of me thinks it would be mildly entertaining to see what these rounds might do to fresh fruit. This time of year, fresh fruit is so plentiful, and inexpensive, why not bust a few? :):

The other part of me fears the gullible uninitiated might accidentally take this as serious SD/HD research. If you do make a, "watermelon juice-o-blaster" video, please include an appropriate disclaimer.

Someone who would use a .410 for defensive purposes, and someone who believes the ninja-star-of-death round is a "game changa", are surely from the same camp.

Top Bottom