• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdg0724

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Plainfield
    Like some of the others here, I would just be concerened what would happen on an actual human with heavy clothing on. I would fear that the round would expand too quickly before enough penetration was achieved. Fresh fruit and clothing/human tissue are two different things. One thing is for sure:this ammo would definitely be fun to play with shooting produce, Im just not sure about it being a great SD load.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    The judge is VERY innefective for it's size. You could have a more powerful and higher capacity firearm that is more effective than such a bohemith(sp?) eyesore. The energy numbers are VERY low from such a short barrel with the rounds available, and then you spread that out into several smaller projectiles(for the .410) that carry a fraction of that energy. Penetration and effectiveness in a SD situation would be quite poor I'm afraid. I'll never own one and don't understand the allure at all. Best case would be to carry it with a 45LC....wear suspenders.

Imagine that bladed slug round expanding against my Carhart jacket. It would only leave a bruse and a small flesh wound I imagine, there would be no penetration since it has little energy to begin with and it expands to what looks like an inch or more. Looks cool, but that's about all.

Top Bottom