• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I am going to ride Brown County next week, and spending a couple of nights at Monroe Lake near Bloomington. First time biking in that area. What are the best bike shops to visit in the area? Camping places other than Bass Pro/Cabelas? I am a bit out of peak bike shape and old, what trails should I start out on at Brown County?

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    This shop is in Nashville...

Bicycle Station in Columbus is a Trek dealer.

There are bike shops in Bloomington too but I am not familiar with them.

It's been a few years since I have been out to Brown County State Park and they have built several new trails since then.

Park at the Hoosier's Nest log cabin or the fire tower on the other side of the road and ride the Limekiln trails. Good riding without a lot of climbing. The North Tower trail has more elevation change as does Green Valley but they are great trails without some of the technical rock sections of other trails.

All the trails in the park are very good. If you find a feature at the beginning of a trail that is too difficult it is best to turn around as there will be more of the same.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I got some great advice from Brown County Bikes in Nashville. Park was closed early in the week for hunting, rode crooked creek lake in Yellow wood one day and one day at Brown. Loved the trails at Brown, ended up doing the advanced and expert. Leaves at Crooked Creek made it challenging to see obstacles.

Top Bottom