• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Just got a FCA notice for a PCM Software Update for 'certain 2020 Jeep Gladiators' with the 3.6. Anybody else here get the notice? Guess I call O'Brien down here on the south side to get it scheduled.
    I have a 2020 Gladiator but have not gotten a notice yet. Guess I will see if mine is one that needs it. Thanks for the heads up.

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    WOW! What a beast!
    Indeed! If I was a more envious or competitive person I'd probably be rethinking my build right now! But not really, I know what I want and like what I know.

Miles2253 how extensive are your off-road plans? Like just around the region's parks and trails or do you plan to take that baby all over the country and see what all it can do?

miles2253

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    North Webster
    Indeed! If I was a more envious or competitive person I'd probably be rethinking my build right now! But not really, I know what I want and like what I know.

Miles2253 how extensive are your off-road plans? Like just around the region's parks and trails or do you plan to take that baby all over the country and see what all it can do?
    I definitely plan on taking it to places like Slade, KY and Windrock. I was supposed to participate in this year’s Crawl America event in Sand Hollow. It didn’t happen due to Covid and supply chain issues. Took 7 months to get my suspension parts. We’re planning to go back to Moab in 2023. We might try to hit the Rubicon on that trip as well. If not, maybe a couple trails in Colorado.

PlaysInTheDirt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Southport
    I've got the max tow package option, so 7700# tow rating and the heavy duty, wider Rubicon axles with 4.10 gearing. The CJ as of now sits at about 3500# and the trailer at just over 2000#. I don't use 8th gear at all and try not to exceed 65 or so. Not always a quick trip but still faster than driving the CJ! I am particular about the placement of the CJ on the trailer as well. Learned that from years of hauling landscape equipment around. Probably going to upgrade the trailer soon to something a little more car hauler dedicated though. Longest haul so far has been to Put-in-Bay Jeep Invasion. Also done a trip to Badlands with it. No sway issues at all.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    My 2020 Gladiator I’m building up at the moment. 4.5”Rock Krawler suspension, Fusion Elite kingpin D60 front axle, shaved 14b rear, PSC hydro assist, KMC beadlocks, & 40x13.50 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss mt’s.
    Miles, that is bad @#$!!!! Do you still have that rock crawling TJ you were building a few years ago???

Jndturner317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Noblesville
    Has anyone tried the LED headlights on Amazon as a replacement on a JK? I’m considering changing out my stock headlights as my JK has become my daily driver due to a job change. This includes quite a bit of travel for work.

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    Has anyone tried the LED headlights on Amazon as a replacement on a JK? I’m considering changing out my stock headlights as my JK has become my daily driver due to a job change. This includes quite a bit of travel for work.
    I plan to try an LED swap as soon as I need a replacement lamp. Mine is NOT a daily driver but still better lighting is always a good thing.

Jndturner317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Noblesville
    The options for replacement are pretty staggering with cost ranging from around $100 to over $600. I may order through either Quadratec or Extreme Terrain knowing I may pay more but hopefully not have issues that it seems many of the Amazon products are having. This is probably a place where you get what you pay for.

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    They're not the cheapest but I buy a lot of stuff from Quadratec and especially if I'm unsure about fitment or suitability because they have always allowed me full credit returns. If that ever changes then I'll probably start looking around for a new default vendor. But yes I think for headlights it is 'you get what you pay for' especially if you want some of these flashier multi-colored turn signal integrated daytime running light approved models.

Top Bottom