• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Yeah now I know where you were. I believe I have a picture of my Harley under that rock formation for a handful of years again. Thanks!

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Spent the day at Turkey Bay ORV area in Land Between the Lakes, Kentucky. We had an absolute blast and the Jeeps amazed us on some very tough and tight trails. My brother baptized his new Gladiator Rubicon by fire and it was incredible. It was not as hamstrung by the long wheelbase in the tight trees as I thought it would be. It was VERY impressive and handled everything he threw at it. I did have to winch his Jeep's rear end over one time when he got into a predicament between some trees, but it solved the problem and he was able to crawl onward. Overall, it was a great day. I had forgotten what a wonderful place that is. It is definitely one of my favorite off-road areas of them all. My two youngest sons went and enjoyed every minute of it, especially riding in my nephew's Honda 4 seater and getting splashed with mud!

3FUhBE0.jpg

zrwG0JF.jpg

LEbG02l.jpg

LOOiB0T.jpg

yq8rVYi.jpg

5uz448t.jpg

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    My wife is (im)patiently waiting to trade in her JK. Fastest groceries in town, rain or shine!
    I currently have a sport sedan and my 19 DSI Wrangler Rubicon. Find myself looking at it and wondering if it is worth the 200 HP increase to lose all of my customization on my Jeep. My conclusion was ,probably not, but I can see ditching the car. Thing is, I don't really want to have 2 Wranglers in my garage, so I am hoping they come out with a Gladiator 392! Fingers crossed.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    :tumbleweed:

Knocked 2 years of literal dust off of mine this week and drove it down to family Christmas. It had been so long since I drove it in any meaningful way I'd forgotten about the wave. :wavey:

Now I have to remember not to wave when driving other stuff, or I'll look like a doofus.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    So my brother and and possibly a couple others are looking to take a big Jeep trip from about March 27 to April 3. So far, we've got two ideas, including Moab and the VT/NH/ME part of the Appalachian Byway. VT has some technical trails that are tough, but VT and ME are more scenic with dirt roads. We are leaning toward Moab for more technical challenge, plus that part of the Appalachian Byway would probably be prettier in October.

It would be the week before Easter Jeep Safari, and we'd do the Rimrocker Trail on our way in.

What other great Jeep destinations would any of you recommend for that time of year? I'd expect many places to be wet, but that's no bother. It just makes it more interesting. Just looking for ideas.

Another thing in Moab's favor is that my brother has never been there and he's itching to stretch the legs of his Gladiator and see what she can do. He just put a lift and 35's on it, so it's ready to go!

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    So my brother and and possibly a couple others are looking to take a big Jeep trip from about March 27 to April 3. So far, we've got two ideas, including Moab and the VT/NH/ME part of the Appalachian Byway. VT has some technical trails that are tough, but VT and ME are more scenic with dirt roads. We are leaning toward Moab for more technical challenge, plus that part of the Appalachian Byway would probably be prettier in October.

It would be the week before Easter Jeep Safari, and we'd do the Rimrocker Trail on our way in.

What other great Jeep destinations would any of you recommend for that time of year? I'd expect many places to be wet, but that's no bother. It just makes it more interesting. Just looking for ideas.

Another thing in Moab's favor is that my brother has never been there and he's itching to stretch the legs of his Gladiator and see what she can do. He just put a lift and 35's on it, so it's ready to go!

If you head towards Moab, plan a stop in Southwestern Colorado in the Ouray/Telluride/Silverton areas...tons of amazing trails out there and being 10-14k feet elevation in the San Juan Mountains will make for a completely different experience that you can compare to Moab.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    If you head towards Moab, plan a stop in Southwestern Colorado in the Ouray/Telluride/Silverton areas...tons of amazing trails out there and being 10-14k feet elevation in the San Juan Mountains will make for a completely different experience that you can compare to Moab.
    Given the altitude of the Ouray/Telluride/Silverton area you could have a bunch of snow to deal with in late March.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Yeah, the snow can keep you at low altitude. The Rimrocker may even be a problem, and it never gets to those heights. The main issue we might run into on the Rimrocker are some water crossings that get too deep and fast. I took my JK to the Buena Vista area in the summer of 08 or 09 and we couldn't get through Tin Cup Pass due to snow....in early July! Lol!

But who knows? conditions may differ year to year.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    We're pretty sure now we're going to do the Rimrocker and Moab. Then we'll probably do the upper Appalachian Byway in October, during gorgeous fall weather. If anybody is wanting to Jeep along with us, let me know! Right now we've got my JL and my brother's Gladiator in the group. My friend may come with his 2 door JK and my cousin with his JK, which is mostly stock, although we hope to lift it and put the 33" Falken Wildpeak MT's off my brother's Gladiator on it before the trip.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Well, plans change as quickly as they are made. Found out that Easter Jeep Safari is earlier than I thought, so we're going to go somewhere else. I don't need the crowds or the price of the EJS. Love it. Been there once. But it is just too crowded for my liking and the prices go through the roof.

So we're looking for some ideas. We're considering the Kentucky Adventure Trail, or maybe Arkansas. I've heard there are some good trails there. Or maybe a combination of Windrock in Tennessee and then come back to Black Mountain, KY, then part of the KAT.

What are some other areas you Jeepers know of that would have some good trails. We're leaving the evening of March 26 and returning home April 2 or 3, with adjustments depending on where we go.

Are there any good Jeep trails in West Virginia? We could also do the VT/NH/ME portion of the Appalachian Byway, but winter may still be a factor. Some snow wouldn't be bad, but a blizzard probably wouldn't be great, although some fun could be had. Problem is that it would likely cause trail/road closures, which would be bad.

We're wide open to ideas and love new places! Maybe we go south and do Eglin AFB. They have trails with military junk scattered about them, like tanks, missiles, wrecked jets and helecopters. Kinda cool, if they haven't closed it off due to Covid. I wonder if there are any other good trails in that part of Forida or near there in Georgia?

Top Bottom