• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    As NRL22 and NRL22X are starting to get more popular, I am wondering if there would be any interest in getting a match set up? It would be nice to have something local and not have to drive an hour or more to a match.

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    There is a reason I posted this in the MCF&G group. The facility there would accommodate the stand 5 stage course of fire.

but I wondered if there might be other members interested in it before proceeding. I didn’t want to approach the board about starting it and be the only one interested.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    If I understand the NRL22 rules correctly, the course is run using a rifle chambered in .223 up to .300 WinMag.

These calibers are not allowed at MCF&G.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    Thanks for that clarification. I was finding their webiste difficult to find general information on the organization and its sub-groups.

What is the difference between NRL22 and NRL22X?
    NRL22 was created for ranges limited to 100 yards. NRL22X basically opens up the distances, some places going out to 300 or 400 yards, plus it allows you to use a bit more equipment.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    There is a reason I posted this in the MCF&G group. The facility there would accommodate the stand 5 stage course of fire.

but I wondered if there might be other members interested in it before proceeding. I didn’t want to approach the board about starting it and be the only one interested.
    I'm a member there and would support it. But the club already has a decent roster of events that tie up the range from member use. The only way to gauge openness is to attend a meeting and ask. I think this would be a good format for addressing participation for those whose interests aren't met by current offerings. This club has traditionally offered a lot of support for "junior olympic" types, but that's a small cohort, and there needs to be something for young people not headed to a service academy or who don't want to be the next olympian. Not everyone is into that.

22ishplinkster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I'd be interested.

Though I'd be even more interested in something like this:
    Speed silhouette match at different distances. The head to head / speed aspect being able to look over and see exactly how youre doing compared to your neighbor would be amazing!

Top Bottom