• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I want to resurrect this thread in case someone is searching for Keens, or boots in general.

Very very disappointed in Keen, that they would even consider releasing the thing they call the Targee 3.

I got 4 months out of them.

I purposely wore my 3 1/2 year old Targee 2’s into REI when I returned them for a refund, and they looked very similar, and they’ve been through the wringer. Worn nearly every single day that it was above 40 degrees for work, and the Targee 3’s couldn’t even make it through summer. Soft footbed to start with and sides ripping out bad.

At least they make themselves (and the posers) feel good by printing how environmentally conscience they are all over the footbed. Every time I put them on I grumbled about how mislead it is to think we have the resources to make something twice, instead of right the first time.

Rant over.

Tried on some Lowa but the footbed felt odd. Took a chance and tried on Zamberlan and couldn’t leave the store without them, they felt so good. Just like the guns, we won’t tell the wife how much the boots were.
    Im still on the quest for the perfect boot I am stuck with these goruck boots since they were clearance. Rei let me return my howas after pretty heavy use. After one walk through wet grass I knew I wasn’t keeping those things.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Im still on the quest for the perfect boot I am stuck with these goruck boots since they were clearance. Rei let me return my howas after pretty heavy use. After one walk through wet grass I knew I wasn’t keeping those things.
    The new insoles haven’t resolved the issue?

Top Bottom