• ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    yup

Most USPSA Limited shooters run 40S&W and re-size brass picked up from a range.

The article mentions Glocks not being "fulling supported chambers". These days, that's not true, the chambers are fulling supported, they are just a bigger hole within specs for reliablity. Match barrels are much tighter, so the the brass has to be "de-Glocked" before loading.

It's not a big deal if you are just reloading to shoot it out of your stock G22. But you would notice the difference if you tried to use in a replacement barrel such as Bar-Sto, KKM or Storm Lake.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    yup

Most USPSA Limited shooters run 40S&W and re-size brass picked up from a range.

The article mentions Glocks not being "fulling supported chambers". These days, that's not true, the chambers are fulling supported, they are just a bigger hole within specs for reliablity. Match barrels are much tighter, so the the brass has to be "de-Glocked" before loading.

It's not a big deal if you are just reloading to shoot it out of your stock G22. But you would notice the difference if you tried to use in a replacement barrel such as Bar-Sto, KKM or Storm Lake.

Thanks JT. It almost seems that if I continue to shoot mostly my brass then I will have "custom" rounds once I start reloading, like match bolt rifle ammo that is sized to the chamber that it's formed to.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Yep, it's true.

I've seen some folks at matches with bulged brass causing problems, even in OEM barrels. If a g22/G35 chokes, I suspect non-fully resized brass is the cause a majority of the time.

Personally, I've had Glock in .45, 10mm, 9mm, and 357 Sig. All relatively newish (IIRC the oldest one was a Gen3 G21 with a 2002 birthday) The 357 had no unsupported area, but all the rest did. The 9mm unsupported area was so tiny, it didn't matter. The 45 and ESPECIALLY the 10mm had big unsupported feed ramp areas that caused a pretty noticeable "glock bulge" with medium to full power loads.
    Never owned a Glock 40 because I hate reloading 40, because I hate dealing with Glocked brass, so take that for whatever it's worth.

In my experience being somewhat of a brass rat, I've got a bucket full of 40 casings that have that bulge. There's a reason the EGW/Lee U-die and the Redding GRX push through dies for 40 sell as well as they do.

Top Bottom