• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    The commentators are fine, it is their infinite sucking on hamilton that is terrible.
    When anything remotely exciting happens their voices get higher and higher until they sound like an eigth grade girl enjoying her first goose. And then they have a judgement failure and try to talk real fast with that voice and end up sounding like some yappy little dog with its ass on fire.
    When they are not excited they prattle on about some unrelated, inane topic.
    Other than that they are fine.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Andiamo and Viva Ferrari! Crush the competition!
    Don't get me wrong, I'm a Ferrari fan but I doubt either of them will take P1 tomorrow. Sainz is starting at the back of the field because of the new power unit and he was just getting track time today giving Leclerc a slip stream on his qualifying attempts. I doubt Leclerc will have that luxury tomorrow. Should be a good race though.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Watching it now. Go Max! This track is one of my favorite's, next to Red Bull Ring and Spa. The quality of the racing is better this year due to the new cars and regs, but it is still the team with the most money to spend wins the race, IMHO. Why Haas still races amazes me. It's nice that there is an American race team, but they are not good cars, comparatively speaking.
    The mico-managing of the regs by the stewards and the team orders drive me crazy though. Bottas would have done much better @ Mercedes had team orders not screwed him several time over the last several years. Now Bottas is @ Alfa-Romeo and running in cars that will never beat the Red Bull, Ferrari or the Mercedes teams. Bring Bottas to the US and put him in a good Indy car team and he will probably do well.

Last edited:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    it is still the team with the most money to spend wins the race, IMHO.
    I don't know of any racing platforms that that isn't the case, but not sure that's the case with Max.

Good race though, loved seeing George stuff Hamilton. Laughed my ass off at what Hamilton was saying after, he's such a whine ass..

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I don't know of any racing platforms that that isn't the case, but not sure that's the case with Max.

Good race though, loved seeing George stuff Hamilton. Laughed my ass off at what Hamilton was saying after, he's such a whine ass..
    Definitely the case with all racing. I was laughing at Hamilton as well.
    I have been watching F1 for about 5 years pretty steady and the way Mercedes dominated up till this year made it to where the racing suffered. Now that they are not King of the Hill it makes for better racing with Red Bull and Ferrari stepping up. McLaren was doing better early this year but have lacked in performance it seems lately. Max is probably the best car/driver combo out there now. He is a great driver, but if you move him to Alfa Romeo, Alpha Tauri, Aston Martin or another team like that, he would not get the podiums he does. That's where the big money comes in. That's what I was saying when I said the teams with the most money will always win. They can afford the best equipment, the best people, etc. That's just the nature of it though.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    The more money needed to compete at the front is unbelievable, not only for drivers and cars but for management that knows what it takes to win, engineers that know how to setup a car to win, and the pit crew needs to be the best. All cost more than the basic competitors. George is a perfect example. Racing for Williams would never get him on the podium. His racing abilities got him where he is today with Mercedes, driving better than Louey I might add. Lower teams are the proving grounds imo.

Top Bottom