• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Overall I thought it was a pretty good race and I’m glad that my predictions of Safety Cars and Red Flags were false.
    Now the pre race hoopla with fake marina, fake beach and a pit lane full of arrogant “celebrities” I could easily live without.
    Willy T Ribs doing the Podium interviews and calling him a “legend” was all in the name of diversity, IMHO, and ridiculous.
    Lots of excitement going on in the front and mid pack. Looking forward to the next race.
    Lulu whining on the radio….
    No flyover?
    Go Max!!!!

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I agree The celebrities were annoying as ****. The race wasn’t great, but seeing Hamilton get beat by his teammate again was nice. Too bad bottas ran not the wall and let them both pass.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Well I watched the race at Miami and it was semi-interesting, mostly because it was a new circuit. The "racing" was pretty much a parade at the front.
    At least it wasn't a joke race with Mercedes having a faster car than everybody else.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Who cares? Media is making a big deal out of this including implying racism. As if only white people can look somewhat like other white people. Ridiculous. Brundle doesn't give a flying **** about basketball or football. Neither do I.

People make mistakes.
    Lately, if the media makes a big deal out of anything it is probably crapola.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Who cares? Media is making a big deal out of this including implying racism. As if only white people can look somewhat like other white people. Ridiculous. Brundle doesn't give a flying **** about basketball or football. Neither do I.

People make mistakes.
    Yeah, but that's Martin Brundle - He's been doing grid walks for 10 years, maybe 20. He should know better than make guesses.
    Ignore the inferred racism - it's just dumb.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I don't think he was guessing, he talked to him for like 45+ seconds as Patrick Mahomes. I think someone told him in his ear he was wrong.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I don't think he was guessing, he talked to him for like 45+ seconds as Patrick Mahomes. I think someone told him in his ear he was wrong.

So what. He's from the UK. Doesn't give a **** about football or basketball.
    He'd have gotten a race driver right. Such BS to give a flying leap about celebs, anyway. The only people I want to hear from on that walk are former drivers or notables in the sport of auto racing.

The only part of it I care about is when some stupid celeb disrespects him. Racers won't do that to him. He needs to avoid anyone not connected with racing.

Just my opinion.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So what. He's from the UK. Doesn't give a **** about football or basketball.
    He'd have gotten a race driver right. Such BS to give a flying leap about celebs, anyway. The only people I want to hear from on that walk are former drivers or notables in the sport of auto racing.

The only part of it I care about is when some stupid celeb disrespects him. Racers won't do that to him. He needs to avoid anyone not connected with racing.

Just my opinion.
    THIS.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Just pointing out i think it was a legitimate mistake.

You dont have to be from the UK to not care about those. I wake up every morning hoping to hear the Colts are moving to Toronto or Mexico City.

I want them gone so bad moving to another city in the US isn't far enough away.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Poor Checo. I was really hoping that there would be a battle amongst teammates.
    There never will be. Christian Horny gave the team orders. You can bet that's in Checo's contract, too. One of the things I hate most about F1. Even Nascar wouldn't do that. If they tried, I'd expect most drivers to fake radio trouble and ignore it. (At least I think they wouldn't.)

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Max was faster, Max is faster. Max was on the winning strategy. Horner was right to not let them fight when the results, at best, would be the exact outcome we got.

Love Checo, but if he had taken 2nd from Russell when he had the chance then it could have been a different story.

NASCAR has fined and suspended folks for giving the exact type of team orders that are given regularly in F1.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    From 2003 to 2010 team orders were banned in F1 as well, but no more.
    I remember them using team orders in that period anyhow, they just didn't say them out loud. They will do anything to help their cause, including getting around the rules.

Top Bottom