Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I used to be a fan back in the Ayrton Senna / Niki Lauda days...

Was a Winston Cup fan back in the Richard Petty days too.

Just don't follow racing much anymore (or any other sport 'cept the Cubbies) unless nothing else is on.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    F1 is as much about strategy as it is actually racing. The cars and drivers are extremely close, even though it doesn’t seem that way. Top cars qualify within tenths to thousandths of a second from one another and the strategy and driver’s talents determine the outcome. It’s definitely a big money operation! Hamilton is making $55 million dollars and hasn’t won a race in almost 2 years!

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I rank F1 racing fourth in my fandom of racing.

1: Indy car (to bad the racing is not what it was and it is a spec league now)
    2: NASCAR (to bad most races are boring and become 3 race stages)
    3: rally car and stock cars local.
    (First place in action and guts)
    4: F1 (best cars best drivers most money and can be as boring to watch as NASCAR )

NASCAR embrace your moonshiner roots and come back with a bad boy trying to make good.

INDYCAR embrace the snake pit and bring back the run what you brung mentality that made it the greatest spectacle in racing.

Rally CAR get a way to showcase the sport on TV using drones to tape the races and get a YouTube channel or something.

Local stock Same as rally get some cameras in and broadcast on the net. Figure 8 on the high banks boys.

Do I watch racing yes. About as much as I watch football and that is about the only broadcast TV I watch. I found myself trying to skip the commercial after five seconds during the Daytona 500 like it was on UTUBEz.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I used to be a big F1 fan. I've been to races in Germany, Spain, Canada and USA. Now I barely watch a tiny bit of it if I am bored or curious to see if it got any better. It has turned into mostly a boring parade. When they change places during pit stops some call that strategy and think it is racing. It has turned into a sorry excuse for racing.
    The best racing today is Indycar, Trans Am (not TA2) and Supercross.
    I might watch NASCAR on road tracks but not on ovals.(boring)

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I watched the last 15 minutes of the race. I recorded it on a Spanish channel because I can't stand the dumbass twit on Sky. It wasn't bad. It is much easier to ignore the commentary when I don't understand it but I still get some racing sounds.
    Basically all the same as last year except Aston Martin is faster than expected. At least that is good.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    NASCAR embrace your moonshiner roots and come back with a bad boy trying to make good.

INDYCAR embrace the snake pit and bring back the run what you brung mentality that made it the greatest spectacle in racing.
    Unfortunately technology has surpassed physics and safety for participants and attending fans alike. Sadly that is just not possible.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Unfortunately technology has surpassed physics and safety for participants and attending fans alike. Sadly that is just not possible.
    That is partially why I like Trans Am racing - more horsepower (850hp naturally aspirated V8s), less down force, no traction control, no ABS, no active suspension, no telemetry, no required pit stops, no refueling and normally no tire changes unless one goes flat.
    They have enough power to burn the tires off anytime so they really have to drive these cars. It looks like a lot of fun for the drivers.

Unfortunately the lower classes are not so hot - TA2, GT, SGT and XGT.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    If you really want crazy racing watch motorcycles race on the famous Isle of Mann Circuit. It really does require Testcles of Titanium to race like those guys. Used to be like that back in day in Formula one until big, BIG, money and TV took over like every other sport. UGH! :runaway:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    If you really want crazy racing watch motorcycles race on the famous Isle of Mann Circuit. It really does require Testcles of Titanium to race like those guys. Used to be like that back in day in Formula one until big, BIG, money and TV took over like every other sport. UGH! :runaway:
    Yess!
    I always try to catch the Isle of Mann races. They are everything you said!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I’m really surprised they still hold those races. The speeds are incredibly fast and just a tiny miscue could mean sudden tragedy. Wild onboard camera views for sure.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Viva Fernando! So happy to see the “old man” showing the young whipper snappers that if given a halfway decent car he can still drive!:oldwise:

Congrats Max and Checo!!:bowdown:

Ef Off Toto and Lulu! :flamethrower:

Watched Indycar and it’s rapidly becoming just an open wheeled version of NASCAR! :popcorn:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    The secret to watching Indycar races is to record it, then when watching it, every time you hear Leigh Diffey's voice you jump ahead 30 seconds. If he is still blabbering on you jump again. This way you get the good comments without his crap.
    On rare occasions there is something happening that you want to see during those 30 seconds so you have to go back and endure his prattling to see it or use mute like I do, but those times don't happen very often.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    The secret to watching Indycar races is to record it, then when watching it, every time you hear Leigh Diffey's voice you jump ahead 30 seconds. If he is still blabbering on you jump again. This way you get the good comments without his crap.
    On rare occasions there is something happening that you want to see during those 30 seconds so you have to go back and endure his prattling to see it or use mute like I do, but those times don't happen very often.
    I use the Mute button, just like when Marten Brundle starts blabbing on F1.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Or for that matter while watching Indycar you can mute Danica Patrick every time she gives an opinion or statement regarding the race. Remember it was all about tv ratings with her in Indycar and NASCAR which is a joke.
    Viva Formula One where real technology hits the road-course!
    PS: Watch out for Fernando Alonso this year!

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Or for that matter while watching Indycar you can mute Danica Patrick every time she gives an opinion or statement regarding the race. Remember it was all about tv ratings with her in Indycar and NASCAR which is a joke.
    I must have missed Danica on Indycar. Maybe because I almost never watch the ovals. She used to drive Indycars, is she really that bad?

Vimace

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2023
    Indianapolis
    Viva Formula One where real technology hits the road-course!
    PS: Watch out for Fernando Alonso this year!
    I can't wait to see all the new cars hitting the tarmac, how old and new drivers will perform under different car teams.

There a lot into the game this coming F1 season !!!

Top Bottom