• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I completely forgot about this thread and then something reminded me! Love that there is a (small) spot we can muse about F1....

I am a big Max/RBR fan, but I really hope he has to earn it this year. +40 second wins with the engine turned down is not very exciting.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I don't think the tires are the issue because the track is dry but the surrounding areas are flooded af. The first response peeps have been doing non-stop rescues for the past few days. Google Imola 2023 flooding to get a idea. Doubt anyone beside helicopters can reach the track.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I don't think the tires are the issue because the track is dry but the surrounding areas are flooded af. The first response peeps have been doing non-stop rescues for the past few days. Google Imola 2023 flooding to get a idea. Doubt anyone beside helicopters can reach the track.
    I forgot the purple.

ben142266

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2023
    Aurora
    Ferrari fan here, you can imagine how I feel most weeks, last year especially. I haven't been able to catch any races this year but still, my disappointment is immeasurable.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Ferrari fan here, you can imagine how I feel most weeks, last year especially. I haven't been able to catch any races this year but still, my disappointment is immeasurable.
    I like the Ferraris too, amongst others. It sucked Sainz was 6secs behind on lap 5. Leclercs engineers pretty much neutered him. He had zero to lose but they kept his driving Ms. Daisy button on instead of being more aggressive. Chuck and Carlos did drive what they were given respectfully.
    Norris had a good grid start but hitting Hamilton was his trip to the bottom of the pack.
    Kind of a boring race for Max I bet. He was up a pit stop + 16secs at one point. Wish Checo could've caught Russell.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    For those F1 fans, I thought I would push this to the top and see how many fans want to chat about the 2024 season.

MV appears to be well on his way to another dominating season, and perhaps the most interesting racing tidbit might be how close SP can get to MV in the driver's championship in an identical car.

The most talked about non-racing issue is clearly CH and his poor decision making when sexting a younger subordinate. As much as RB wants this to go away, there's clearly a power struggle going on between the 51% owners and the 49% owners of RB. Grab your popcorn - this isn't over yet.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Formula 1 has become one of my favorite forms of racing honestly. I will always love dirt racing more than any other, but formula 1 is an entirely different skillset.

There is a reason it has the biggest fan base of any motorsport and has for years.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    2021, for me, was the most intriguing and exciting season finale ever. Lewis Hamilton looked like he was on his way to an 8th World Championship only to have a late race accident reset the entire field and allowing Max Verstappen and RB to come out with fresh tires. The late and bizarre call (which I don't believe has ever happened like that in F1 history) by race control to allow only the lapped cars between MV and LH to pass the leader and go to the back of the field - still baffles me to this day. If he would have ordered all lapped cars to pass the leader and go to the back of the field, there wouldn't have been enough time to do so with just one lap left. Instead, race control (Massi) ordered only the 5 cars between MV and LH to pass LH which put MV immediately behind LH with just one lap to go when the race was restarted. Would the 5 cars have mattered? We'll never know.

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    Like every other autosport I used to like/watch, the political mind games and the powers that be ruin a really good sport.
    This Christain Horner saga is nothing more than Toto Wolff pay back for the FIA investigation into conflict of interest allegations concerning his wife who many people think Christian started.
    I still love the technology side of the sport, but I have to disagree with many who think they are the best drivers in the world. Most of the drivers are sons of very wealthy parents. Like any sport, money rules.

Top Bottom