• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Selling clean Lyman ingots, was a hassle at $1 a lb.
    Scrap price currently is around 25 cents a lb IIRC.

When I first started casting years back, I bought ingots from a couple of INGOers for $1 a pound.

I had a well respected INGO friend offer me a bucket of wheel weights, but strangely wouldn't quote me a price. Wanted me to name the price. :dunno: I finally offered .$75 a pound and they wouldn't take it. :rolleyes: I told them I was doing them a favor, when I could buy ingots ready to cast, advertised from our mutual friend at a buck a pound. Never heard back on it.

ranger391xt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2019
    West Lafayette
    Good Luck with selling for those prices. This spring bought 700+ lbs of wheel weights for $65.00 from an Indiana scrapyard.

If you cant get what you want here for it, lead tends to go for good money om Castboolits.com
    but like here, you have to get the post count before you can use the classifieds.
    View attachment 280276
    Not all scrap yards are willing to sell. The one here in Lafayette has told me that they won't sell anything that comes in. It's good you have one near you that will sell you lead.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Not all scrap yards are willing to sell. The one here in Lafayette has told me that they won't sell anything that comes in. It's good you have one near you that will sell you lead.
    Some will trade that dont sell, talk to the owner or there kids and offer cash.
    I tend to drop metal off and give the cash to the the men working outside to buy lunch or breakfast.

Top Bottom